ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lorrymac
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by lorrymac » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi, I applied for naturalisation via NCS. I advised them I would be travelling to the USA for a long weekend to visit relatives immediately as I am 34weeks pregnant and they said they would hold off posting my application until my return. Well bad luck for me because I have been admitted to a US hospital due to medical concerns and have been told to cancel my travel back home to the uk!!! Now I am worried my application will be received while I am stuck here, please advise on what to do and what would happen? if I am away now for a month or 2, it will take my abscences in the uk in the last 12months from 56days to 160days!!!

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I think you should call the council ASAP and explain the situation. Then they can hold off your application until you're back in the UK. If UKBA receive your application while you're abroad, they most likely will reject it.

Regarding the absences in the UK, well, I suggest you worry about that in due time. I think they will consider the fact that you had to stay abroad for a medical reason.

Best with your pregnancy.
-----
Alex