ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment and Address Change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freemind76

Appointment and Address Change

Post by freemind76 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi,

I've an appointment for my T1 extension on this 20th Aug. On the other hand, I am changing my house on this 31st Aug.

I guess I do not need to notify this (address change) till I get the result of my extension. After the result, I should inform UKBA about my address change?

Please confirm if I am correct in my thinking.

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Since it is a PEO appointment, for a straight forward application you can expect decision on the same day or within 2 days at the latest if any issues with biometrics. So no need to mention address change.

After that you can use this link to notify address change

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

layman is right. No need to mention change of address that's going to happen in the future. Notify the change when you move.

Double check the online form is the right one for your case. I applied for General Tier 1 extension by post and used the online form to notify change of address. That was wrong. I should have used the MCC - Change of circumstances paper form. So it's worth checking first.

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 pm

zeberga,

not that I doubt what you have said, but how did you come to know that the online form was the wrong one to be used? Just so that everyone is aware what it is used for and when not to use it

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:59 pm

layman,

I got the information when I spoke to UKBA over the phone.

I explained my problem here,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=107050

In short, I used the online form, got a confirmation email, but two weeks later UKBA sent a letter to my previous address. I called the number on their letter and was told the online form is not for points based applicants (which the online form doesn't mention anything about). The General Tier 1 page does point to the MCC form,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... umstances/

So I'm about send the MCC form now.

PS. I'm not suggesting freemind76 shouldn't use the online form. Just saying he/she should double check.