ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2004/38/EC directive success in Pakistan, finally!?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SRAQAI

2004/38/EC directive success in Pakistan, finally!?

Post by SRAQAI » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 am

As some know me and my husband have had problems when trying to get my husband anentry visa for France from the French embassy in Islamabad. My husband attemped tk apply this time last year, for an entry visa and when he arrived for his appointment, they treated him outside the context of the directive and requested the usual documents, such as bank statements, evidence of return to pakistan after time in france etc. By the time the useless Solvit UK dealt with it, we couldn't travel to France anymore. We are applying now, to go in September. I requested an appointment via email like last year and was told to contact their representative agent called Gerry's, who caused us hell due to their non-understanding of the directive and they would nit lodge my husbands application for a visa, without treating him outside of this directive.

After spending much time running arund like a headless chicken, speaking to this lawyer, that caseworker and, sending threatening emails to the french embassy Islamabad, I sent an email to the french embassy in London demanding an appointment to be made for my husband in Pakistan, in the context of this directive. I got an immediate response from them saying that they have passed my request to Islamabad and that I should hear from them.

Suprise, surprise some two days later I get an email from Islamabad, with an appointment!!!! Unfortunatley it was on a day that my husband had a very important meeting at work and he couldn't go! So I replied asking for a particular date. I xpected a huge song and dance from them as usual, but thank God they responded with the date requested.

My husband has just left the embassy from his appointment, to which he took with him as many documents as possible in order to avoid rejection or dramas. He took an unbooked flight itinerary, an unbooked Eurostar itinerary for my travel from London to Paris on the day my husbands flight is, a 3 page letter in French from a legal case worker outling both their breach of EU regulation last year and the directive and detailing the minimal documents my husband needs for a visa, a firm letter from me outling also that I have submitted a complaint against them at the Ombudsman, our marriage certificate translatio in french done by alliance francaise, the original one in Urdu and an English translation, his passport, copy of his passport, copy of my passport, my change of name deed and details and address of unbooked hotel in Paris.

The reason why none of tbe travel arrangements are booked, is becauss its not needed under the directive, plus I'm not booking anything and wasting money in case there are problem with visa application. They took everything, including his fingerprints and told him they'll contact him by phone within 15/20 days for passport pick up.

I am assuming its good news, but I wanted to detail this experience here, especially since I think this is the first time Pakistan has dealt with this directive. Might be helpful to someone else! :) am happy!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Good for you and I hope it all works out.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Thank you :)