ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP age groups

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

radmanj
Newly Registered

HSMP age groups

Post by radmanj » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:42 am

hello - not sure if anyone could tell me this but do you think there would be any leinency with the age groups. i turned 28 5 months ago but just found out about this programme yesterday. I am a U.S. citizen and the salary requirement for 28 and over is much higher then under 28. do you think i have a chance with my case. do they take into consideration the poor U.S. exchange rate. Based on today's rate i would have to be earning 73,000 USD (40,000 gBP) to meet the required points. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,jen

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:22 am

bad luck....you will be considered as 28 and above. So you got to show the salary mentioned for 28 and above. salary is not the only criteria, you can score the points in experience , wife's degree, your masters degree etc. Even some national award could win some points for you.

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:12 am

Yes Bad luck mate, you wont be able to file under 28. Follow raoms suggestions as their are many ways to get into and you are not required to score in each section but just make it 65 from any few sections.
Regards,
Afzal

Cane

Re: hi

Post by Cane » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:04 am

raoms wrote:bad luck....you will be considered as 28 and above. So you got to show the salary mentioned for 28 and above. salary is not the only criteria, you can score the points in experience , wife's degree, your masters degree etc. Even some national award could win some points for you.
Roams,

In addition to "wife's degree," one can also score points for a husband's degree as well. :lol:

Cane

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:49 am

Better is to take it as Spouse degree (Always confusing) :lol:
Regards,
Afzal