ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pedoff22
Newly Registered

ILR Process

Post by pedoff22 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:22 am

Hi all!

I have been following this forum for awhile now even before I submitted my ILR application to get a rough idea on how long it would take and read a lot of posts by frustrated people. Never imagined that I would be one of them now ranting on and on about how flawed the whole system is. Frankly speaking its a JOKE!

Submitted my application on April and received the confirmation letter in May and still waiting for the documents to return. I understand that other people have been waiting longer than me but IT IS JUST FRUSTRATING. I have also bought flight tickets to attend my nephews wedding in August - bought it way before I applied for ILR thinking there would be enough time to get the documents back (guess thats my fault).

I don't understand why we can't check the progress of our application. Paying that much money for a dumb caseworker to look through documents and taking months to do so, fair enough there are thousands of applicants but can't they provide a service where we can check the status of the application? Whether its still processing or approved or posted so we won't be left wondering everyday whether there was a problem with it or even lost in the post.

I do apologise for my language but it is just frustrating waiting and not being able to check how it is going. When called the number we are met with an automated recorded machine telling us not to contact them regarding the application process, surely I hope people do agree with me that we would feel very much assured if we could speak to an actual person even if it is just to reassure us to wait patiently for our documents. I'm glad that this forum is available for people to discuss and let out some steam during this frustrating time! :x