ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Work permit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

calyps
Newly Registered

Old Work permit

Post by calyps » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Hello All,

I was issued a work permit back in 2007 before the point based system was introduced and so i am now due an ILR.

I have remained with the same employer ever since i was hired and have not changed my UK visa. I got married last year and my wife was issued a dependent visa for 1 year (expire same day as mine).

I first thought I have to apply for her extension in FLR (O) since she has not been in UK for over 2 years however, i called in home office 3 times and i have been told that she can since I am based on old work permit.

I want to clarify if that is true and if anyone has an experience?

Thanks,

Ali

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:41 am

True (196E). KOL required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.