ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help required

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onaresh
Newly Registered

Urgent Help required

Post by onaresh » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK since last 2 years and recently applied for extension to TIER 2 ICT short term VISA ( via online application filled with status selected as less than 1 year)

I was not aware of the validity applied by my company in the CoS

First the application was rejected and was asked to pay additional 200 £ as i was not eligible for short term visa and indeed was eligible for a long term one

I resubmitted with the payment form page and the additional fees
Letter sent by Home office to appear for BRP (finger prints)
Got my VISA and Passport back

Below is the discrepancies in the VISA :
---------------------------------------------

Validity date mentioned in BRP : 14-06-2012
Place and Date of issue : UK 02-07-2012

I have written to BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and below is what they say :

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the expiry date of your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). We have looked into this matter, and the expiry date showing on your BRP is correct according to our records. If you wish to dispute the expiry date, you should consult the guidance on our website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk in the first instance. If this does not answer your query, you should write to your caseworker setting out why you believe the expiry date on your BRP is incorrect. Please do not return the BRP at this point – your case worker will advise you if they need you to return your BRP. Your case workers details are on your decision letter

My current employer says :
----------------------------------

This delay was due to UKBA hence, there is nothing to worry about. You have 28 days grace period to return to your parent country. Request you to keep hold of all your letters from Home Office in case of any future reference

When i contacted UKBA, they have advised that there is no grace period.
and need to leave country ASAP.

I do not understand what to do here given my situatuon.
At first place how can UKBA issue Visa after 24 days of it's expiry

Please advice on this and guide me,i do not want to spoil my immigration history and i don't know the future implications of the same

Any early reply to this is highly appreciated

Regards
K

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 am

What is the last date for your CoS?