ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of Birth wrongly printed on my BRP Card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tapas_16880

Place of Birth wrongly printed on my BRP Card

Post by tapas_16880 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 am

Hi All, To my surprise, when I double checked my BRP, instead of
XXXXX, INDIA as place of birth, it is printed as XXXXX, UK....

I have already sent an email with the explanation and the other details required to BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk yesterday only (I got my BRP yesterday only).

Will they send me the replacement card or I will have to send my passport and the current BRP to them?

Anyone faced this issue before and got their replacement, please can you share?? you can pm me at: tapas16880@gmail.com

Need advice guys.
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am

send your passport, BRP card , a covering letter explaning the problem, Have they asked you to submit?

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks argus... I have sent the email yesterday and got an automated reply saying that they will get back to me within next 5 days.

Tell me one thing... the address mentioned is a FREEPOST address with PO BOX number etc... what is the guarantee that it will be safe if I need to send my passport with the current BRP card?

Shouldn't this be a secured post? How can I make sure that it is delivered securely to that Bristol office?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi all,

I have now received an email from BRP replacement team and they are advising me to send the card, passport with a covering letter to a FREEPOST address!!!

I am not very comfortable of doing this. It is a freepost and they are telling me to send my original passport. Can I ask them to give me a postal address so that I can deliver the stuffs securely by paying some extra bucks?

Can they do this for me? or it has to be a freepost delivery?
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm

use royal mail special delivery to send your passport, BRP and cover letter and also enclose another special delivery envelop on return of your passport.

check with post office.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 pm

But the address is a freepost address. Can a free post address be used for a special delivery royal mail service?? The address they have mentioned is:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

Can this address be used for special delivery through Royal Mail???
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:15 pm

tapas_16880 wrote:But the address is a freepost address. Can a free post address be used for a special delivery royal mail service?? The address they have mentioned is:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

Can this address be used for special delivery through Royal Mail???
yes. And it can be tracked via royal mail.

tapas_16880

Post by tapas_16880 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:22 pm

great, thanks Argus... relieved now... yep, I think I will opt for special delivery and also put a special delivery envelope for them to send me back the replacement card with my passport...

thanks for your help!!
Tapas Sarkar,
UK

tapas_16880

Ret back the passport,replacmnt card will be sent seperately

Post by tapas_16880 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi, to my surprise I have received the parcel from UKBA BRP replacement team and they have sent back my passports in the special delivery envelope with a letter stating that they will send the replacement card in a seperate cover and will reach within 7 working days.

Is that how the process works? I thought they will send the new replacement card along with my passports together in that special delivery!!

Surprising!!!

Please can anyone confirm if this is the case....
Tapas Sarkar,
UK