ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Little Cohabitation Evidence for Tier1 to ILR -Plz Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail_mr
Newly Registered

Very Little Cohabitation Evidence for Tier1 to ILR -Plz Help

Post by sohail_mr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 am

Hi All

I am currently on Tier1 General Visa (preivously HSMP July 2007) and I will applying for my ILR next week using SET(O) (current leave expires 24-07-2012). My wife and my Son will be listed as my dependants on the same application.

However, I have a problem here with gathering Cohabitation Evidence which needs to be provided with SET(O) form (as I only found out about it yesterday). The problem is that as my wife has never worked here in UK, she has had no bank account or a driving license and we have very little evidence to meet the cohabitation requirement.

- She is registered with NHS and we have atleast 10 appointment letters from NHS for last 2 years, but the problem is that she was registered with my Surname (her surname is different on her passport). Can we still use this as Cohabitation evidence ?
- Her correct name was included on a utility bill (Thames Water), but all we have is one bill for last month.
- She passed life in UK last week and that letter has correct name and address. Can this be used as cohabitation evidence?

Can you please advise if this cause an issue with our ILR application?
What Options we have if my wife can't apply for ILR as my dependant because of the missing cohab evidence?

Many Thanks

WRS

Post by WRS » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 pm

what about the council tax bills?

sohail_mr
Newly Registered

Post by sohail_mr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Nope, as rent is all inclusive. Only recently got the name changed on Water bill to use it as proof of address.

- Can get the owner to do a new contract agreement (possibly as of past date).

sohail_mr
Newly Registered

Post by sohail_mr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Any help ..please ?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 am

you should have a NHS card registered in her name and address(provided you have been living in the same house)...Another way is to go to bank and convert your account into joint account and get a statement printed online and signed and stamped by the bank...Present it along with the water bill and revised contract (with her name and your name...a backdated one )...I think this should help...

sohail_mr
Newly Registered

Post by sohail_mr » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks gaurav76

- She has a NHS card, but It has my Surname ?? Will this be an issue as her surname is different on her passport ??

- I will get my account changed to a Joint account and get some old statements printed / posted with both our names listed.. This is a very good idea.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks gaurav76

- She has a NHS card, but It has my Surname ?? Will this be an issue as her surname is different on her passport ??

ahhh...well it could be. I wont recommend you this in that case.

- I will get my account changed to a Joint account and get some old statements printed / posted with both our names listed.. This is a very good idea.
Both of your name will appears only on the bank statement from the date you made your account as joint account

sohail_mr
Newly Registered

Post by sohail_mr » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Is it possible to provide a covering letter explaining why I don't have enough cohabitation evidence ?