ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 ILR with Tier-2 wife

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orphean
Newly Registered

Tier-1 ILR with Tier-2 wife

Post by orphean » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi,

I'm on a Tier-1 G visa and am eligible to apply for ILR in November 2014. I have no dependents on my Tier 1 G visa.

My wife is on her own Tier-2 visa and is eligible for ILR only in August 2016.

We are trying to see whether she can apply for ILR with me in Nov 2014. What are my options?

a) can she apply with me for ILR even though she isn't my dependent?

b) Should she become my Tier-1 Dependent so she can she apply for ILR with me even? I believe she has to go out of the country to apply as my dependent?

c) If so, is there a minimum time for dependents to be together (I read somewhere that the time has increased from 2 years to 5 years) or is that only for out of country dependents?

am confused and would love folks to shed some light as to what my options could be. Or is it just best that we apply separately for ILR?

tier1Reading

Re: Tier-1 ILR with Tier-2 wife

Post by tier1Reading » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:07 pm

orphean wrote:
a) can she apply with me for ILR even though she isn't my dependent?
*NO*

b) Should she become my Tier-1 Dependent so she can she apply for ILR with me even? I believe she has to go out of the country to apply as my dependent?
*YES* *YES*

c) If so, is there a minimum time for dependents to be together (I read somewhere that the time has increased from 2 years to 5 years) or is that only for out of country dependents?
*You already missed the deadline which was last week*.
*She now has to wait for 5 years if she applies for Tier1 dependent now.*