ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application - self-employed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soyo
Newly Registered

ILR application - self-employed

Post by soyo » Mon May 21, 2012 10:07 am

Please could someone help me, i extended my 1st tier visa january 2010, i submitted my profit and loss account statement because i was on self-eployment and on paid employment, my net profit was £17,000 which i added to my paid employment salary; by the end of the finanacial when i was to pay my tax i discouvered i made some losses which now reduced my net profi to £10,000; So i paid tax on the £ 10,000. I am due to submitt my for my ILR soon

Question: will the CW be border over the difference between the net profit i submitted for the Extension of my visa and what i paid tax on at the end of the financial year. [/url]

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon May 21, 2012 10:55 am

are you submitting the P60's (if any for self employment with it).

I am not sure but I do not think you will have any grief, as long as you have all supporting documents etc with you.

soyo
Newly Registered

Post by soyo » Tue May 22, 2012 12:19 pm

innocentdevil wrote:are you submitting the P60's (if any for self employment with it).

I am not sure but I do not think you will have any grief, as long as you have all supporting documents etc with you.

soyo
Newly Registered

Post by soyo » Tue May 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks Innocentdevil for your response, i have been really worried over this, I appreciate your concern.
Should any other person have contribution to to make it will be most welcome.

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

Re: ILR application - self-employed

Post by muhammad.aftab » Sat May 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Could please advise what are the best documents
for self employment?

soyo
Newly Registered

Post by soyo » Sun May 27, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Muhammad.aftab, The document u are going with will depend on the type of self-employed business that you are into; in my case i was a freelancer like a sole trader not with a public limited liability company, When i went for the Ist tier extension the documents i took then for self -employed were......

* One year profit and loss account of my business prepared by an accountant
*My class 2 NI receipt ( this i was paying quarterly)
* Invoices of the transactions that i did.
* Hsmp a approve letter
* my bank statements
* Passport
* Photo
Basically these are the documents i went with and i think they are what is also require for the ILR

muhammad.aftab
BANNED

Post by muhammad.aftab » Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks mate... You 'r star

soyo
Newly Registered

Post by soyo » Sun May 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Please mates i still need more advice and contributions on this, i extended my 1st tier visa January 2010, i submitted my profit and loss account statement because i was on self-employment and on paid employment, my net profit was £17,000 which i added to my paid employment salary; by the end of the financial when i was to pay my tax i discovered i made some losses which now reduced my net profit to £10,000; So i paid tax on the £ 10,000. I am due to submit my for my ILR soon

Question: will the CW be border over the difference between the net profit i submitted for the Extension of my visa and what i paid tax on at the end of the financial year. [/url]

WaGWaSif
BANNED

Post by WaGWaSif » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:17 pm

soyo wrote: Question: will the CW be border over the difference between the net profit i submitted for the Extension of my visa and what i paid tax on at the end of the financial year.
Hi Soyo,
did you get ILR? or did they check you previous tax. Can any one reply about the above issue as you showed different income at the time of application and later you paid less tax.

reachren
Newly Registered

Post by reachren » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Soyo,

Since you extended your visa claiming points including the profit(17,000) you need to pay the tax for the 17,000.
You can get away with it if they don't notice, but if they find that you have not paid tax for 17,000 for which you already claimed points during renewal you can be in big trouble.Don't ever show the tax return which shows that you have paid tax only for 10,000 during self employment.

Couple of things you can do in my opinion

You can try amending the tax return if possible and pay tax for the rest 7000.....ie not showing loss which you claimed to have(iam not sure you can do it now but worth consulting the accountant who filed your return for that year). If that can be done you can show the amended tax return with confidence.

If not, Better take a premium service at Solihull PEO where i have seen posts where they are not toooooo strict on previous years tax returns.