ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Post by memyselfandi » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Hello everybody,

I have started this new topic because I got my Entrepreneur visa approved today and I want to help anybody who wants to know something about my experience with which they can benefit.

I applied for Entrepreneur visa on £50,000 investment from within the UK, with my 3 dependents (husband and two children) switching from PSW visa.

My visa processing time is as follows:

Application made: 6th June 2012
Application received by home office: 7th June 2012
Fee taken from my credit card: 8th June 2012
Letter to register Biometric details send on 11th June 2012.
Letter received: 13th June 2012
There was a problem with one of the letters of my dependents, so I called them on 14th June 2012 on 08706067766 and also emailed them at appointmentexceptions @ homeoffice. gsi. gov. uk
New letter sent 20th June 2012. Biometric details sent the same day.
Home office contacted me about a problem with my evidence on maintenance funds on 27th June 2012, which I clarified. I was advised to send further evidence within 7 working days.
Evidence sent 28th June 2012.
Evidence received at home office: 29th June 2012 (Tracked on Royal Mail website)
Inquired to get acknowledgement of receipt of evidence at Home Office just to check the status of my application on 3rd July. I was told the evidence was received by the visa officer on that day and that he would check it in due course.
Visa approved 4th July 2012.
Approval letter and all my documents received today 9th July.
Biometric Residence Permits also received today just 1 hour after receipt of Approval Letter.

Overall time: approx 1 month.

Alhamdulillah I am soooo happy guys. I hope all your visas get approved as soon as possible so that you can be happy too.

I just want you to know if you are applying the same visa as me, and if you have any questions on exactly what documents to send, if you want to ask anything about Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa switched from PSW visa with dependents, I am very happy to help and share all my knowledge, because I want as many people as possible to succeed because I know what a big dream this is for all of us. All I need in return is a small prayer from you for me and my family for our future.

Take care. :D

sagar2009

Re: How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Post by sagar2009 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 am

memyselfandi wrote:Hello everybody,

I have started this new topic because I got my Entrepreneur visa approved today and I want to help anybody who wants to know something about my experience with which they can benefit.

I applied for Entrepreneur visa on £50,000 investment from within the UK, with my 3 dependents (husband and two children) switching from PSW visa.

There was a problem with one of the letters of my dependents, so I called them on 14th June 2012 on 08706067766 and also emailed them at appointmentexceptions @ homeoffice. gsi. gov. uk
Home office contacted me about a problem with my evidence on maintenance funds on 27th June 2012, which I clarified. I was advised to send further evidence within 7 working days.
Evidence received at home office: 29th June 2012 (Tracked on Royal Mail website)
Inquired to get acknowledgement of receipt of evidence at Home Office just to check the status of my application on 3rd July. I was told the evidence was received by the visa officer on that day and that he would check it in due course.
Biometric Residence Permits also received today just 1 hour after receipt of Approval Letter.

Alhamdulillah I am soooo happy guys. I hope all your visas get approved as soon as possible so that you can be happy too.

I just want you to know if you are applying the same visa as me, and if you have any questions on exactly what documents to send, if you want to ask anything about Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa switched from PSW visa with dependents, I am very happy to help and share all my knowledge, because I want as many people as possible to succeed because I know what a big dream this is for all of us. All I need in return is a small prayer from you for me and my family for our future.

Dear memyselfandi,

Congratulations on getting your Entrepreneur status.

Can you please share some information regarding the documents you provided for the Graduate Level occupation NQF 4 and above and contracts showing trading?
I am applying for the visa in a weeks time and was concerned about the documentary evidence required by the UKBA as the policy guidance is really confusing.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Documents for the Graduate Level occupation NQF

Post by memyselfandi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 am

Dear Sagar2009,
Do you mean what documents I provided as evidence of business activity fit for Graduate Level Employment.
First of all, since I did BA (Hon) in Marketing I told them I was working as a Sales and Marketing Director, and that this qualification can be found on their list.
As a Marketing Director, my job would require me to market my business, so I told them I had made a website for the business, and did some online advertising, and created an ad flyer for direct marketing. I made printouts of the homepage of my website, the online advertisment, and the ad flyer. In all documents I showed my name and job title.

As for contracts of trading, it just means if you made any sales, and there is no set sales value. Through my online advertising, I made sales and I just made a few printouts of the orders I had received. They only need one, by the way. Make sure your printout has the customer phone number on them so that they can verify. And do not forget to sign the printout.

Hope this helps.

akpe
- thin ice -

Post by akpe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Congrats brother! This route has come as a big relief for those of us on psw. i have got got two questions:

1. was the 50k in your own bank account or in a third party's account; or to better put it MUST the 50k be in your own account or the third party is just fine? This is causing me headaches.

2. was the graduate level occupation your own company duly registered with registrar of companies or you were employed by another company?

I am itching to read your reply. May your extension too be as smooth as this one. God bless.[/u]

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Dear Akpe,
Thanks for the nice wishes ! I am sister.
Yeah, I agree the new concession for PSW visa holders is a great relief. I like to think God made it happen especially for me :)
My money was in a joint account which I hold with my husband. All my money was in UK. I think its best to have the money in UK in your own account. Otherwise there's a chance your application will get delayed due to unnecessary verifications and checks. Don't complicate things. If you want to get the visa soon, keep it simple. Get the money in YOUR account in UK.
As for graduate level employment, I told them I was director of my own company and I attached a document from the Companies House to prove it.
Hope it helps.

akpe
- thin ice -

Post by akpe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:14 pm

memyselfandi wrote:Dear Akpe,
Thanks for the nice wishes ! I am sister.
Yeah, I agree the new concession for PSW visa holders is a great relief. I like to think God made it happen especially for me :)
My money was in a joint account which I hold with my husband. All my money was in UK. I think its best to have the money in UK in your own account. Otherwise there's a chance your application will get delayed due to unnecessary verifications and checks. Don't complicate things. If you want to get the visa soon, keep it simple. Get the money in YOUR account in UK.
As for graduate level employment, I told them I was director of my own company and I attached a document from the Companies House to prove it.
Hope it helps.
thank you sister. i am now in the process of building our maintenance aspect over three months. hopefully with Gods help everything will work out in our favour.

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Dear Akpe,
I wish you all the best.
The maintenance aspect is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL. They follow the rules to the letter. Even though I showed £5000 in maintenance funds, yet, just because my statement showed that my funds fell below the required amount for only 6 days, they raised the alarm. Fortunately, it was only a mistake, and the issue got cleared up quickly. So make sure you have the correct maintenance funds for the FULL 90 days no matter what.
Take care.

rabeel
BANNED

Post by rabeel » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:13 pm

@memyselfandi If you dont mind can u please provide ur email or skype id so that i can discuss my case with you.I need to apply by 13th july. thanks

BABUKHAN
Newly Registered

Post by BABUKHAN » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Asalam o alikum Sister,

first of all i must appreciate that you have made a great contribution to this forum and indeed it very helpful for all of us, who are planning to to apply through this route. so please accept our thanks for being so helpful and congratulations on your success.

I am planning to apply next month. i have only 2 question

1) "How long did you kept the investment funds (50000) in your account"
until you received decision on your application?
or
just to get the letter/statement and then utilized the funds?
2) "what did you sent with application to prove investment funds (50000),
a letter from bank or bank statement."

kind Regards,

Pradeep2020
Newly Registered

Re: How I got my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa in 1 month!

Post by Pradeep2020 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 pm

memyselfandi wrote:Hello everybody,

Hi this is swathi iam on psw visa I need to know on which business did u apply for 50000 visa and can u please give me the details of your soliciter it would be great helpfully for me
Thanq

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Which business, which solicitor?

Post by memyselfandi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Dear Swathi,
I did not use any solicitor. The business I showed was online retail business selling beauty products, jewellery and clothes etc.
Hope this helps.

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Dear Rabeel,
I am afraid I cannot give my personal contact details. Anything you want to know please PM me or write here. I hope you understand.

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Walaikum Assalam Babukhan,
I kept my money in the account as long as my application was in process. In fact I have still not used it, only because I don't need it yet. But I don't think it matters if you take money before your application is approved. Just get an ad hoc bank statement upto the date of sending your application. They will go with the original bank statement. That's what I did.
Hope it helps

vinolevel2
Newly Registered

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION..PLZZ PLZZZ HELP ME!!

Post by vinolevel2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate the guy who started this thread..(MEMYSELFANDI)

GOD BLESS EVERYONE :)

oK..the doubt i have,
............................................................................................

1) HOW LONG THE AMOUNT (£50,000) SHOULD BE THERE IN MY BANK ACCOUNT?? [3 MONTHS OR 1MONTH OR JUST 1 WEEK?????]

plzzz I NEED EXACT INFORMATION AS Per ukba rule
.........................................................................................

2) ENTREPRENEUR TEAM :

(A) IS THE BANK ACCOUNT SHOULD BE A JOINT ACCOUNT(IN MY NAME & OTHER TEAM MEMBER NAME) WHERE £50000 DEPOSITED???

(B) CAN WE BOTH SHOW THE SAME BANK STATEMENT/LETTER FROM THE ACCOUNT WHERE WE HAVE £50,000??

(C) OR CAN WE SPLIT THE MONEY AS £25000 IN ONE BANK, £25000 IN OTHER BANK....BUT EACH BANK ACCOUNT ARE JOINT ACCOUNTS.

(D) IN GENERAL... IS THESE BANK ACCOUNTS MUST BE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT OR CAN BE A PERSONAL ACCOUNT??
.........................................................................................

3) SUPER CONFUSION IN THIS QUESTION....I THINK FOR EVERYONE :)

G22. The applicant must provide one or more documents from the following list to confirm their business activity. Please tick to confirm what is provided:

Advertising or marketing material
Article in a newspaper or other publication
Information from a trade fair
Registration with a trade’s body

.........>> WHAT WE HAVE TO PROVIDE ACTUALLY?? ANY EXAMPLES??

advertising...: say for example, I have the company website. Its a graphic design company. what can i provide?

can i design a leaflet/broucher/banner just advertising my company, products,services we do? and take a printout of that and submit in the application?????

4) REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS QUESTION!!!

G23. The applicant must provide one or more contracts for work to demonstrate trading.
Please tick to confirm:

Yes one or more contracts have been supplied
No no contracts have been supplied

I THINK I HAVE BIGGG PARAGRAPH OF QUESTIONS!!
PLEASE HELP ME OUT...

IT WILL BE VERY USEFUL FOR ME & FOR OTHER WHO HAVE SAME QUES.

THANKSSSSSSSS

VINOTH :)

harun

Post by harun » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 am

We have degree in Business Administration (BBA) and we are applying as marketing consultant and trainer. Will it be okay?

rajm2012

Re: VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION..PLZZ PLZZZ HELP ME!!

Post by rajm2012 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 am

vinolevel2 wrote:Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate the guy who started this thread..(MEMYSELFANDI)

GOD BLESS EVERYONE :)

oK..the doubt i have,
............................................................................................

1) HOW LONG THE AMOUNT (£50,000) SHOULD BE THERE IN MY BANK ACCOUNT?? [3 MONTHS OR 1MONTH OR JUST 1 WEEK?????]

plzzz I NEED EXACT INFORMATION AS Per ukba rule

2) ENTREPRENEUR TEAM :

(A) IS THE BANK ACCOUNT SHOULD BE A JOINT ACCOUNT(IN MY NAME & OTHER TEAM MEMBER NAME) WHERE £50000 DEPOSITED???

(B) CAN WE BOTH SHOW THE SAME BANK STATEMENT/LETTER FROM THE ACCOUNT WHERE WE HAVE £50,000??

(C) OR CAN WE SPLIT THE MONEY AS £25000 IN ONE BANK, £25000 IN OTHER BANK....BUT EACH BANK ACCOUNT ARE JOINT ACCOUNTS.

(D) IN GENERAL... IS THESE BANK ACCOUNTS MUST BE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT OR CAN BE A PERSONAL ACCOUNT??

3) SUPER CONFUSION IN THIS QUESTION....I THINK FOR EVERYONE :)

G22. The applicant must provide one or more documents from the following list to confirm their business activity. Please tick to confirm what is provided:

Advertising or marketing material
Article in a newspaper or other publication
Information from a trade fair
Registration with a trade’s body

.........>> WHAT WE HAVE TO PROVIDE ACTUALLY?? ANY EXAMPLES??

advertising...: say for example, I have the company website. Its a graphic design company. what can i provide?

can i design a leaflet/broucher/banner just advertising my company, products,services we do? and take a printout of that and submit in the application?????

4) REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS QUESTION!!!

G23. The applicant must provide one or more contracts for work to demonstrate trading.
Please tick to confirm:

Yes one or more contracts have been supplied
No no contracts have been supplied

I THINK I HAVE BIGGG PARAGRAPH OF QUESTIONS!!
PLEASE HELP ME OUT...

IT WILL BE VERY USEFUL FOR ME & FOR OTHER WHO HAVE SAME QUES.

THANKSSSSSSSS

VINOTH :)
---

First of all, the person who started this topic is a female. So, sister, not brother.

1) As long as you've got 50K in your bank account, it doesn't really matter how long you've had the money for in your account. UKBA hasn't mentioned anything about it. But do confirm it with others.

3) Examples: i) Your business card with your name and job title, ii) print-out of your website with your name and job title, iii) print-out of any online advertisements that you did, iv) a copy of newspaper ad that you placed, v) if you're registered with any trade body then a letter confirming your registration (for example, if you're a marketing company, a letter confirming your registration with a trade body like CIM), vi) any leaflets with your name and job title

4) Basically, you need to provide details of AT LEAST one contract. For example, if you designed a website for a client, you need to send your invoice/contract/order details to the home office.

Hope this helps.

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 am

Dear harun,
First, Have you checked if this job title is in the Home Office list fit for a graduate? Second, I don't know if one can be a marketing consultant without qualifications in marketing. But maybe that's just me, because I chose the title of Sales and Marketing Director especially because it matched my qualifications in BA (Hons) in Marketing with Business. Maybe you should check on this with HomeOffice.

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 am

Dear Vinoth,

The amount does not have to be in the account after you have sent your application, as there is no time set by the UKBA. If your documents are original and preferably from UK bank, then they won't even make verifications as they have said on the policy guidance that to save time they only make verification checks if they suspect that the documents are not original or from a source they recognize.

Having said that, I can also tell you that I DID keep all my money in the bank until my application was approved.

My money was in a joint bank account although I did not apply as a team. So you can have a joint account, and the money can be in just one person's name, and I guess (and its only an opinion) that the money can also be in two names on the team divided up like you said. You can just list all the bank accounts where the money is. As long as its £50,000, it should not matter how its divided and which team member has it. That's what I think, but I would really recommend to keep all money in one account which could be in two people's names. That would make things simple.

The account does not have to be a business account. I sent them a joint personal account statement.

To show business activity, if you have a company website, then you can just make a printout of the homepage and mention the url to them so that they can check it. That's what I did. But don't forget to mention your name and your job title on the website page as it must show in the printout.

I also designed a flyer showing some products that I sell with some ad copy, with my company's full contact details, especially my name and job title and made a printout of that. I made the printout on glossy paper to make it look professional. From experience, these 2 evidences should be good enough to show your business activity.

Please make sure you DO provide trading contracts and tick YES on the question.

Hope this helps.

danman
Newly Registered

2 more questions

Post by danman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi madam, thanks for the great post. may God bless you abundantly.

I have couple questions

1.Can you have the Manitence and investment funds in the same bank account ? is that how u did it

2.Like yourself I run a online business but build,sell and also maintain websites for customers ..so I may have to call my self as webmaster ot IT manger. does that qualify for Graduate level job?

memyselfandi
Newly Registered

Post by memyselfandi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Dear Danman,
We kept both the maintenance funds and the investment funds in the same bank account. I sent one bank statement which showed the total balance in the end for both type of funds. So in total we showed £55,000 on one statement.

Please check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Is a webmaster listed as NQF level 4 or 6 job? If not, then you can't use this title. Try to use a title from THIS list that will make it easy for you to show your business activity.

Hope this helps.

a85yousaf
Newly Registered

Great news

Post by a85yousaf » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 am

Hey congrats on getting the visa.. i understood all what you said but it would be great if u only answer my question.. DID YOU REGISTER YOURSELF AS A DIRECTOR /SELF EMPLOYED before 90 days of submitting the application? In other words how old was the company when u submitted your application. I registered myself as self employed in February but somebody told me that it would be more great to submit the application by showing urself as a director of company.. unfortunately i have only 60 days left on my visa .. which way should i take self employed/ director?
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards

danman
Newly Registered

SOC CODE 3131

Post by danman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi ,
I may have to use SOC 3131 and use any of those job titles.

thanks for the response...I iwll come back with a few more in a day or two.

danman
Newly Registered

Post by danman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Also are there are obvious advantages or disadvantages for going via Sole trade or Director?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Hello @Memyselfandi,

Congrats for getting Visa.

I have seen in one of your previous posts that, you got letter from home office to submit further evidence of your maintenance funds in seven working days.why did they ask again about proof of your maintenance funds or investment funds.What is the problem with the funds.

Could you please give me more details on what evidence you have submitted with in seven working days. Is it about 50K business investment funds or 90 days maintenance funds.

Please clarify me about above query.

I am planning to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k funds for 10 days in India to move from tier 4 to tier 1 entrepreneur. Do I need to maintain full 200k funds till I get Visa. Why I am asking this question because, If I withdraw total money from account after I get a letter from bank and apply for visa, during the visa process, if UK BA asks again for up to date letter from Bank then I may not able to submit it with in 7 working days. Could you please help me in this scenario what to do.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I am planning to apply for tier 1 entrepreneur visa by maintaining 200k funds for 10 days in India to move from tier 4 to tier 1 entrepreneur. Do I need to maintain full 200k funds till I get Visa. Why I am asking this question because, If I withdraw total money from account after I get a letter from bank and apply for visa, during the visa process, if UK BA asks again for up to date letter from Bank then I will not able to submit that letter. Could you please help me in this scenario what to do.