ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

processing time for applicants with job offer?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

processing time for applicants with job offer?

Post by gulgon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:25 am

Dear Friends,

This week I will have two job interviews in bradford and london. One of them is very willing to recruit me and I can get job offer letter from her.

1) What should a job offer letter include? just the starting date, position and salary?

2) If I attach my job offer letter to my HSMP application, what would be the processing time? still 4-5 months?

I would really appreciate your comments and experiences and also cross your fingers for me ;0)

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:38 am

Congratulations on securing a job within the UK.All offer letters include salary and position. What you need to do now, is to fax the offer letter to the HSMP team. The number is +44 (0)114 274 3103. You need to state the following in the fax so they will be able to trace your file. "Your name-date of birth-nationality" This is what the HSMP team use to locate you if there is no ref. no. Once the letter is received by the team, they usually respond within 2 weeks.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:56 am

Thanks Roam. But indeed, I havent made my HSMP application yet, and I will do it next month. So I can attach job offer letter to my application. So what would be the processing time for an application with a job offer? still 4 months as usual or hsmp officers give priority and answer in 1-2 months?

thanks a lot

AlexStiva
Newly Registered

Post by AlexStiva » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:22 pm

guldon, you can use this possibility to speed up processing with job offer only 6 weeks after you have applied.

All this information you may find on the HSMP page on HO website.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:52 am

Once the letter is received by the team, they usually respond within 2 weeks.
raoms,
where did you get the information that they respond in 2 weeks ? Any concrete reason or just a guess ?
Mini

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:39 am

no guess... those days it was 2 weeks now a days its unknown :x I posted my job response 3 weeks back so far no reply. It seems my job offer will get invalid by the time they respond :( .

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:57 am

Same here. My joining date is 1st august. :cry:
Mini

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:02 am

in my letter no join date is mentioned. Actually it is a referal letter saying that we interviewed Mr. XXX and would like to employ him once his visa is cleared. The letter validity is only 1 month.
Try to get another letter saying that your join date is extended by 2 weeks. In my case they refused to give any more letters.
Getting a offer letter is so difficult but these HO people are not giving any importance to it :cry:

Rajan

Post by Rajan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:30 pm

Roams, Mini, Gulgon

Your application is on Fast Trak, it seems. All the Best !!

I am working in IT. Could U guys pls guide me how i can approach to get job offer.
- a letter by Job agencies saying that many clients want to interview U once U reach here, will solve the purpose?

- Employers are ready to take Interview even before U get Visa?

Pls friends gimme some ideas on this

Thanks a lot !!!

Rajan
---- Never Say No To Life ----

raj

Post by raj » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:30 pm

you can mention it as u have got invitiations for interview, but the only way to be ur application to in fast track is apply first then fax them the offer letter with close start date, donot forget that minimum ur applicaitons have to be with them for 6 weeks before they put it in urgent queue.

hope it helps!!
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:27 am

- a letter by Job agencies saying that many clients want to interview U once U reach here, will solve the purpose?
This can only help prove your employability not put your appl in fast track. For that you need an offer from a company.

Pls also note that all applicants who fax offer letters do not manage to get their applications done on priority. HO is known to refuse inspite of job offer faxes. The going guess is that if your application is well documented with no issues/complexities, only then do they put it on priority processing.
Employers are ready to take Interview even before U get Visa?
Some (very few) employers are ready to interview you before visa... specially in IT if you have any niche skills.
Mini

astro

Post by astro » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:00 am

Dear Urgent Queue applicants

Has anyone heard anything from the home office yet?
I would like to estimate how long this process is currently taking (a bit tricky I guess :cry: ).

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:08 am

No response received. It is now more than 2 weeks since I faxed my letter.
Mini

astro

Post by astro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:23 am

Dear Mini

Thanks for letting me know - it seems like the quick queue has grown rather slow too! :cry:
I am currently in the process of negotiating a role in the UK and would like to give the prospective employer some information regarding the urgent processing queue.

Are we able to contact the home office while our applications are in the urgent queue for a status update?

Thanks!

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:49 am

yes man you can contact them. But don't bother them too much.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:46 am

astro,
yes you can but they request you to refrain from wasting too much of their time on frequent queries. I am planning to send a query on my application in a day or two and will keep you posted on the response.
Mini

astro

Post by astro » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:02 am

I would appreciate that very much.
Good luck... hope you get some good news! :lol:

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:32 am

Well guys....I sent them a reminder mail and got the following response. That too within 1 hr.

The case worker who was working on your case has reached a decision.
your
documents have been posted to the UK address as you requested on the
30th of
July.

The same day as your decision letter was posted.

You should be receiving something in the near future.

Im sitting with my fingers crossed :shock:
Mini

astro

Post by astro » Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:42 am

Dear Mini

That is great news that a decision has been made on your case - it can't be long now til you hear!!!

I am sure this last leg must be really agonising... but I am sure you will be smiling soon!! :lol:

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:12 am

I hope so astro...i really hope so.
Thanks for ur wishes.
Mini

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:15 am

You will receive the letter any time from now today or tomorrow . All the best ... :D

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:03 am

Really ? But as per my understanding if the decision letter goes out of UK it is sent thru first class post & not recorded delivery and that takes 2-3 weeks to reach. :(

My originals should be reaching my london address today or tomorrow which if you ask me will be a big relief if they reach safely.
Mini

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:31 am

Oh is it . 2,3 weeks is very long time ...thats bad but we can do nothing except for waiting.Ya the original docs are very imp.