ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family like mother,or mother inlaw.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Extended family like mother,or mother inlaw.

Post by Dangwenix » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 pm

hi everyone i just want to ask were planning to apply for my mother inlaw and father inlaw for dependant visa i can proved that they are fully financially dependant on us me and my wife ,do you think they will get the visa me and my wife is a non- eea family member of eea member my dad is the EEA member.tnx

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:33 pm

My understanding is that dependency has to be on the EEA national or their spouse. If you are not an EEA national then the dependency requirement would not be satisfied through you.

Even if your in-laws were dependent on the EEA national, I am not sure they would qualify under present caselaw - unless someone knows different.

What about members of the same common household?

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Post by Dangwenix » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi keffers

Ah ok what do you think how about just a visit visa that were going to apply for my inlaws that would be good do you think they will be granted to have vsit visa? Tnx plz relpy

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:32 pm

If you or your wife are not eea nationals then no you cant

But it does raise an interesting question as to whether you would qualify if either you or your wife were

Can anyone answer that?
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

Dangwenix
Newly Registered

Post by Dangwenix » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:00 pm

hi samelamin ive made a mistake im a family member of an eea national ,do think i can apply for a visist visa for my inlaw via EEA regulation ,or just a general visitor under uk laws?.u