ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed, do not go to Glasgow for ILR!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WaGWaSif
BANNED

Self employed, do not go to Glasgow for ILR!

Post by WaGWaSif » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Request: Please do not move this post to existing topic as I hardly get response there

Hi,
I have been Glasgow PEO office yesterday for ILR, My previous earnings are based on Two source (Employment and Self Employment).

A guy looked at my covering letter and said he cannot process my application because I am self employed (sole contractor), he said he can ignore my self employment and if I want he will just consider my employment income and give me 15 points (based on my salary).

I told him if he just considers my salary then I will not able to get 75 points and my application will be invalid.

He said then I need to either send application by post or make an appointment at Croydon. He even not want to listen any thing and within 10 minutes we were out from PEO.

Very bad, they haven’t mention any such thing at UKBA website. And case officer said if I want I can complaint online at UKBA.

My question, did Croydon can process the self employed applications, as I am showing my earnings from employment and self employment?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Self employed, do not go to Glasgow for ILR!

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:01 pm

WaGWaSif wrote:My question, did Croydon can process the self employed applications, as I am showing my earnings from employment and self employment?
First of all, sorry to hear about your experience at Glasgow PEO. They do process employed as well as self-employed applications at the Croydon PEO. If you search this forum, you'll find many experiences that have been posted. Whether or not you will get a decision on the same day will however vary depending on individual cicumstances & how straight-forward or complex your case is (& also on the unpredictable IT issues that crop-up from time to time). One of the few advantages of going to the Croydon over other PEO's, is the availability of Senior CW's to look at more complex applications.

WaGWaSif
BANNED

Post by WaGWaSif » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:35 pm

cs95tdg wrote:One of the few advantages of going to the Croydon over other PEO's, is the availability of Senior CW's to look at more complex applications.
Thanks cs95tdg for your reply.
I thought they will look at the documents first and if they feel any errors or they feel verification then they will ask me to send by post. But they even didn't look at them. Any way can you guide me about the document i am attaching are correct for self employment.

1. 2 Bills for NI Class 2 Contribution (6 Monthly).
2. Accountant letter confirming that i am self employed and earning (gross and net profit) from self employment.
3. Un-Audited accounts statement.
4. A letter from accountant listing invoices and payments summery.
5. UTR Letter from HM & Revenue.
6. Personal Bank statements showing payment made from Clients.

Does this sound complex or a simple case and do i need any other document?

Regards,

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi WaGWaSif,

I have the same scenario, what happened to your case? Did you managed to go to Croydon PEO and what happened there? Please share your experience here. Thanks.

Immanuel 2010
Newly Registered

Post by Immanuel 2010 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:54 am

Hi WaGWaSif

Did you get through it in Croydon. I am in the same situation and any advice is much appreciated.

MAQ81
Newly Registered

Post by MAQ81 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:03 am

WaGWaSif wrote:Request: Please do not move this post to existing topic as I hardly get response there

Hi,
I have been Glasgow PEO office yesterday for ILR, My previous earnings are based on Two source (Employment and Self Employment).

A guy looked at my covering letter and said he cannot process my application because I am self employed (sole contractor), he said he can ignore my self employment and if I want he will just consider my employment income and give me 15 points (based on my salary).

I told him if he just considers my salary then I will not able to get 75 points and my application will be invalid.

He said then I need to either send application by post or make an appointment at Croydon. He even not want to listen any thing and within 10 minutes we were out from PEO.

Very bad, they haven’t mention any such thing at UKBA website. And case officer said if I want I can complaint online at UKBA.

My question, did Croydon can process the self employed applications, as I am showing my earnings from employment and self employment?

I wish i had used this forum before!!!! same thing happened to me.. went to Glasgow PEO on 24th July and was told that Contractors/Self Employed applications can not be reviewed at this office and this was due to lack of trained staff (?!?!?) they did offer me the complain form as this was not mentioned any where on the website and contact centre was unaware of this....

managed to book an appointment at Sheffield for 31st July (with 3 dependent) so hopefully it will be fine... my visa exp 3th aug.

also just to inform other, Glasgow PEO also mentioned that Soulihull office is the same and they dont review self employed/contractors ILR applications.

a4aneel
Newly Registered

Post by a4aneel » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi MAQ81,

I have my appointment at Glasgow PEO tomorrow and i am self-employed contractor but running payroll to claim required points on income.

are you claiming points purely by dividends or do you run payroll as well? do you think Glasgow PEO will accept applications if i just show my 12 month salary (drawing from my own company)? without any dividend vouchers?

Thanks,
a4aneel