ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Parents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bulwark201
Newly Registered

ILR for Parents

Post by bulwark201 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Has anybody applied for elderly dependent relative visa in the last couple of months. Do you have any idea how long is UKBA taking to process the applications of this type. I know UKBA website says six months: but I have heard that they are taking a lot longer than that.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Kind regard

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm

If you pass your driving test and apply for a licence from DVLA, you can expect your application to take the same time as another person's in the same situation, because your circumstances are identical. That can't said for visa applications to the UKBA. Your parents might be richer or poorer or sicker or more dependant on you than another person's, and may need more or less investigation or referral before an application can be decided. Do you see what I am getting at?

bulwark201
Newly Registered

Post by bulwark201 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:37 pm

What a perfect analogy!. Many thanks for that.

But you only concentrated on the first sentence. Do you have any remarks for the rest of the questions.

Kind regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Apart from the obvious question asking if anyone has applied in the last couple of months, to which the obvious answer is yes, lots of people have, I can see one other question about the length of time it takes to process this type of application, and that was the basis of my response. Can you please identify your other questions?

bulwark201
Newly Registered

Post by bulwark201 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Thank you for taking time to reply and accept my apology for not being very clear!

My questions are:

1) UKBA says 95% applications processed within 6 months; this is the average time for all settlement applications. How long does (on average) UKBA take on elderly dependent relative visa applications

2) If the application is on hold for long enough (say around five months) is this an indication that the outcome will most probably be positive.

3) Or If the application is with UKBA for long enough: does it at least mean that the application is not easy to refuse

Thanks once again