ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa and working from home

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Tier 2 visa and working from home

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi all,

Can i legally work from home (rather than at work place which is in a different city) without violating any immigration laws regarding Tier 2 (General).

My employer is open to the idea of me working from home to save commuting time but i want to make sure as i dont want to fall foul of any law.

Thanks

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 visa and working from home

Post by madona587 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:47 pm

arsenal49 wrote:Hi all,

Can i legally work from home (rather than at work place which is in a different city) without violating any immigration laws regarding Tier 2 (General).

My employer is open to the idea of me working from home to save commuting time but i want to make sure as i dont want to fall foul of any law.

Thanks
Hi mate good to see you after long time :D

This is a tricky one. My company got an unannounced (audit) visit by UKBA. They demanded to see me and interview me (Only Tier2 employee) So I guess this is sort of tricky. Why not call the PBS helpline and check with them? Maybe Greenie or sushm can shed some light !

I'm glad to see you again.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:07 pm

this place was getting on my nerves.... :)

i just did not wanna think about immigration etc. after i received my tier 2 :)

good to hear from you as well.

hope someone knows the answer from experience as i dont really trust their reply on phone anyway...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks
An interesting question, and I have to say not one that ever came to mind when I was working under a work sponsored visa. I did occasionally work from home, but I doubt it's the same thing as what you are asking. I.e. I take it that your requirement is to permanently work from home & not just on the odd occasion when you need to.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:07 pm

My employer is open to the idea of me working from home to save commuting time but i want to make sure as i dont want to fall foul of any law
Not a problem but UKBA must be notified by your employer of your actual place of work.This is part of their sponsor duties.

rahuljain
Newly Registered

Post by rahuljain » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks

Hi there,

Did you got any reply from UKBA ? I am in similar situation and I am wondering what answer you got ?

Is it acceptable to work remotely on Tier 2 VISA ?

Thanks
Rahul

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Look further up this thread for the answer

rahuljain
Newly Registered

Post by rahuljain » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm

manci wrote:Look further up this thread for the answer
Thanks Manci appreciate your help. I just saw your answer, so just to confirm as long as my employer inform UKBA and agrees with me it's not a problem right ?

Thanks
Rahul

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Certain well-known consultancy requires all Tier 2 employees working from home to come to office at least three days a week if they live in the same town, once a week if they are't. They consulted a very experienced immigration adviser when coming up with this policy so I suppose there are very good reasons.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:16 am

What about consulting firms where Tier 2 personnel work at client locations all the time?
Do they need to notify UKBA each time the client location or office changes...

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 am

FaeLLe wrote:What about consulting firms where Tier 2 personnel work at client locations all the time?
Do they need to notify UKBA each time the client location or office changes...
yes, within 10 working days