ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits in UK after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nu_shah
Newly Registered

Benefits in UK after ILR

Post by nu_shah » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 am

Hi,

I have got ILR status in February 2012. My children are born in UK. I am not sure what benefits I am entitled to. Can someone please assist or guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 pm

Now you have you ILR there is no problem you claiming any benefit that your circumstances dictate you are entitled to.

You will certainly be entitled to claim Child Benefit, and possibly Tax Credits. Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk and click on the links to those benefits.

Claim as soon as possible. It used to be the case that claims could be backdated up to 3 months, but now the maximum backdate is one month. So your delay since February has already cost you money.
John

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:40 pm

John wrote:but now the maximum backdate is one month. So your delay since February has already cost you money.
John,

Could you share a link to this chance of policy? The HMRC website still states you can backdate 3 months.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 pm

For Tax Credits click here then scroll down to the heading "Changes to how far payments can be backdated".

Child Benefit? I admit I am struggling to find that. I am going out shortly and shall take a further look later.
John

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Hi! There

Post by gj6ab5657 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 pm

John wrote:For Tax Credits click here then scroll down to the heading "Changes to how far payments can be backdated".

Child Benefit? I admit I am struggling to find that. I am going out shortly and shall take a further look later.
sorry just wondering to ask you about is child benefit & child tax credits both are different? or both are the same?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:09 pm

They are different, but both are administered by HMRC, with links to both from the www.hmrc.gov.uk webpage.
John

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Thanks

Post by gj6ab5657 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 pm

John wrote:They are different, but both are administered by HMRC, with links to both from the www.hmrc.gov.uk webpage.
Thanks for prompt reply John. Appreciate.