ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1 APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF A CHILD UNDER

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siamsteve

Form MN1 APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF A CHILD UNDER

Post by siamsteve » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi

Regarding Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship

Ok My wife has her ILR dated 9/05/2011 and her three girls were also granted ILR at the same time we are about to complete the form MN1 REGISTRATION AS A BRITISH CITIZEN THE REGISTRATION OF CHILDREN UNDER 18

The first question on this application form has already thrown us in respect to the question

"Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details."

After reading the guide chapter 2 would i answer: Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship

or would it be : CHAPTER 9: REGISTRATION OF MINORS AT DISCRETION
SECTION 3(1) BRITISH NATIONALITY ACT 1981

Any advice would be help full we have three girls that we want to apply for along with my wife.

Regards

Steve

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Well, this depends under which section they apply. This also depends on how you have obtained your British nationality. See a relevant post - here.