ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where can I find this in immigration Law

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humzah123

Where can I find this in immigration Law

Post by humzah123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi,

I have read following from a sticky thread and want to know that what clause in immigration law relates to this. I fall with in this category so need to make sure that I have a reference to this law just in case there are any issues at immigration.

Dependant eligible for settlement under long residence on their own merit: If a dependant qualifies for settlement under long residence on his own merit before expiry of current leave, then also there is no need to switch to FLR(M).

JAGOO

Re: Where can I find this in immigration Law

Post by JAGOO » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 pm

humzah123 wrote:Hi,

I have read following from a sticky thread and want to know that what clause in immigration law relates to this. I fall with in this category so need to make sure that I have a reference to this law just in case there are any issues at immigration.

Dependant eligible for settlement under long residence on their own merit: If a dependant qualifies for settlement under long residence on his own merit before expiry of current leave, then also there is no need to switch to FLR(M).
1. SET (O) form guidance notes Page 2 under "3. Who may apply on this form".

humzah123

Post by humzah123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks.

Does this also mean that dependent can travel outside of UK and then enter back in UK on PBS(Dependent) visa, if their sponsor has switched from PBS to ILR?