ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hep! application submitted online but passport now lost!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carlyann

Hep! application submitted online but passport now lost!!!!!

Post by carlyann » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi

I am the sponsor and I got married on 7th July. We submitted the online application (which was already saved on the computer) on 8th July.

Now we cannot find my husband's passport - it was taken many places to get copies, to get married to register the marriage at the mayor's office.

His biometric appointment isn't until 8th August and he has today gone to pay to get a new passport in one day.

We are planning to include this information in the covering letter with a copy of the old passport and police report translated. Will they reject the application on this basis?

If we have to apply again under the new rules, our application will be rejected because my limited company has been tradind for less than one year and hence I do not have a tax return.

I can't beleive this has happened after all of our careful planning
Hoping to be reunited soon

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Looks like it cant have been that careful planning in view if what has happened to you. Sorry to say this but I think the ECO will assume you tried to beat deadline and failed and will probally end in a refusal and the implication that will have for you. :(

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:54 pm

That was my thought too. Save for my limited company not yet having a tax return (first year end Dec 2012) we meet all of the new rules, financial, no third party support, no overstays etc. I guess the best we can do is hope and pray now
Hoping to be reunited soon

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:16 pm

I think it would be pretty harsh if they rejected the application based on that, especially if you are able to include a copy of the lost passport along with the other notifications you mention. Realistically which passport they put the visa in is hardly relevant, only that it's the current one! I think you'd have every right to appeal a rejection on something like that, should that occur.

Don't you have to print out the application form before the biometrics appointment? Can't you just amend the details on the form - it's only details of previous passports and current passport number after all isn't it?
Fiancée visa application:
Documents received UKBA Bogotá: 18 May 2012
Visa approved: 19 June 2012
FLR(M) PEO Croydon: 13/11/2012, 2 Yr BRP received: 16/11/2012
SET(M) PEO Croydon: 24/10/2014, 10 Yr BRP received 28/10/2014