ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do they read the cover letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

webhunter
Member of Standing

do they read the cover letter

Post by webhunter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Hello guys,

Do the home-office guys read the cover letter or instead blindly try to establish the points based on the evidence provided.

My payment for a particular month had only one slip, but the payment was made in two installments in the bank account. So if they did a direct comparision the payslip and the bank-statement would'nt match, unless the drill further down and find the balance payment on an other date.

I have explained this fact in covering letter. But if they dont read it, then I am doomed. What do you guys think?

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:01 pm

I am in a similar boat as you... Here's to hoping they DO read it!

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:21 pm

I think they certainly read the cover letter.
Point 124 (Section 5) specifies about the supporting letter. So, they will read this don't worry.

Even in my case, one payslip showed part of payment as advance and part as final payment. The Bank Statement showed two entries. In any case, even if they dont consider that entry, I have enough earnings on the other months to get points.

WebHunter,

Even if they miss that payment, would you not get enough earnings? Is that payment so crucial to your points for earnings?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi Jk, Even if they miss that payment I will be well above the maximum threshold. Infact even they consider just 4 of the 8 payslips, I will still get enough points to score the required 75.

As you would see, my worry is not so much as to whether or not they will consider that particular payslip. It is more about if they would think the evidence submitted is not genuine as the payslip and the bank statement on that occassion would not match, unless they drill through the 100s of lines of my statement to find the remaining payment.

In other words, if they dont think one as genuine, they may not just ignore that one, but the whole lot :-(

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:29 pm

Have you not highlighted your salary credits in Bank statements?
Since the statement contains so many entries, highlighting the salary credits would enable the caseworker to locate the enntries quickly.

By the way, when did you submit your application? Is this FLR(HSMP) or new HSMP?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:37 pm

I have highlighted the dates, but it is in the covering letter. not on the bank statement. I do not want to use colour or use a highligther or circle anything on the bank statement.

However, here's a neat trick I have done to re-direct them to the cover letter. On the payslip (under question), i have stapled a small paper note mentioning that the payment was on two dates and the details can be found on the covering letter.

I have exactly done something similar (stapling a paper note) on my offer letter of my ex-employer, stating that the employer's address has changed and the details are in the covering letter.

so, if they skipped the covering letter and got straight into evidence, they will see stapled notes (in bright colour) redirecting them to the covering letter for details :-). One thing for sure, If they reject mine :-) I am going to see them in court :-) :-)

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:41 pm

webhunter

I too have used small note sticker on the payslip mentioning that the payment has been made in two instalments.

Don't worry, your application will be approved. :lol:

By the way, when did you submit your application FLR(HSMP) or new HSMP?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:45 pm

I have'nt submitted my FLR yet. I will be submitting on January 15th, exactly 6 weeks before my visa expiry.

Meanwhile I am gathering additional evidence from my X-employer, stating that the payment was done in two installments and that their address/contact details have changed.

How about you. are you submitting soon ?

Hey, by the way; I sometimes wonder if there will be a case where an extension application will be rejected (unless obvious); though they have put the points system , I dont think they will be tight on extension applications as much as they do with initial applications.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:50 pm

webhunter

I have submitted my FLR(HSMP) two weeks ago. I fulfill all the criteria and score enough points.

I am very anxious to receive the decision and passports back.

By the way, you mentioned that you did not want to highlight entries in Bank statements? I highlighted the entries in Bank statements, to make it easier for the case worker to locate. Do you think I should not have done that? Do you think HO will not like such highlighting of entries?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:54 pm

That should not be a problem. The reason I said I would'nt is to avoid any mistakes while highlighting, for example circling over a printed number(by mistake) which would hinder the caseworker from seeing what is exactly printed.

I am sure you will get it; How early did you apply before your visa expires? According to the guidelines, it is 5 weeks, but I would be tempted to do atleast 2 months before, to deal with any rejections/appeals/fresh-application etc., as a result of bad decision.

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:01 pm

I applied 6 weeks before the expiry of my Visa.

I think many have submitted 2 months before, and got approval.

I wanted to submit my application in November, but could not because my IELTS result was not ready then.

I prepared my application (old form) and kept that ready in November first week, then came the new rules and the IELTS requirement. So I booked for this exam (rather than going to my University to get a letter that my degree was taught in English). By providing IELTS, I did not have to submit my original degree certificates again to them (for the fear of gettig lost in any postal transit). Even if they did not grant me extension, I would at least have my degree certificate with me to seek other avenues! :lol: :lol:

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Well in last guidance notes, they specified Cover letter in docs.

But not sure as per new rules...

If they do, hope mostly gets positive result...I am also depending on cover letter as i asked for exceptional consideration.
Regards,

Pam Aujla