ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 9 rule for overstayers

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happyatlast
Newly Registered

July 9 rule for overstayers

Post by Happyatlast » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 am

Does this rule apply to people who previously overstayed but now have visa or for those who are presently overstayers with no visa. I had a problem with my application student visa 5 years ago which was refused as I had filled the wrong form and had to go back to my country as my visa had expired by the time the application came back from home office. Anyways I came on work permit visa and due to apply for settlement ilr in few months time. Is this overstayer rule applicable to me as well. PlZ help???

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: July 9 rule for overstayers

Post by quantum1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 am

Happyatlast wrote:Does this rule apply to people who previously overstayed but now have visa or for those who are presently overstayers with no visa. I had a problem with my application student visa 5 years ago which was refused as I had filled the wrong form and had to go back to my country as my visa had expired by the time the application came back from home office. Anyways I came on work permit visa and due to apply for settlement ilr in few months time. Is this overstayer rule applicable to me as well. PlZ help???
No. The rule which comes into effect in October refers to those making an out of time applications. I assume this is the rule you mean. The wording is in a present continuous tense, therefore I do not think it applies to past applications.