ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellokittyhannah

Urgent Question

Post by hellokittyhannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi all,

On the 02/07/2012 we completed and submitted form VAF4 online.
This is for a settlement visa for my husband, who is currently in India.

We were given an appointment date for 09/07/2012.
We accepted the appintment, but an important document was missing so we changed the appintment and the next available was the 16/07/12.

Now the new rules are out and it says on the UKBA website that applications made after the 9th must be made with the new VAF form.
Here is the actual quote -

"'Changes to the Rules will apply from 9 July and applications submitted on or after this date must be made using the new settlement visa application form (VAF4A) and appendices.
If you do not complete and submit the correct appendix your application will be delayed and you will still have to complete the correct appendix".

I am really confused as to what to do now. Are we required to fill in the new for now? If that is the case then we have to cancel our appointment and re apply. But this means we may get an appintment date in August which is far too late as my bank statements only cover half of June and the six months prior to June.

I have called VFS that deal with the applications in India but they are totally useless. I don't know what to do.

Please can someone help with this, I am really worried as our appointment is in 5 days.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:01 pm

If you submitted your on-line application before 9 July then you fall under the previous immigration rules. The subsequent date of your VAC appointment, being later than 9 July, is not relevant to this.

Not only are the people at the VAC useless, when they don't know the precise details of a situation, they will often freely invent bogus information just to save face!

hellokittyhannah

Post by hellokittyhannah » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Lucapooka - thank you for your reply.

I agree with you, the idiots at VAC are not only useless but a total bunch of morons. They do not even bother to listen to your query and indeed muster up bogus information to get rid of you.

Where is one to go for help in such a situaton? The UKBA take such extortionate fees yet they are unwilling to help. It makes me sick.

Just one question though- they have stated on the UKBA website that your application date is the date you pay and submit your papers in person. Going by that statement, it seems that even though we did submit the form online they will not consider the 2nd as the date we have submittied, rather the 16th. Any thoughts on this?

I am contemplating cancelling the appointment and submitted the new form but I worry that just in case I couldhave gone with the old rules instead. But once again, there is no clear answer to this.

Please can you help or anyone on here.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

You applied outside the UK so the following applies to your situation:

"The changes to the UK Immigration Rules on family settlement will come into affect on 9 July 2012. If you have completed your application using our online application system you must submit your application and pay your fee by 00:01 on 9 July 2012 (UK time) to be considered under the current Rules"

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... y/13-forms

You seem to be referring to the various information for applications made inside the UK. The following does not apply to your situation:

If you are applying in person at one of our public enquiry offices, your application date will be the date when you attend the public enquiry office to make your application and pay your application fee.

What is the date of your application? (Applying online inside the UK)
The application date is the date when you submit your application form and pay your application fee online. Your application wont become valid until your supporting documents are received and your biometric information is enrolled.