ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JS26

Re: visa

Post by JS26 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:33 pm

sraz wrote:My application has been rejected today......Reason - My hus's mothers pension is being credicted into his bank account in uk and we havent provided proof for that, so they considered that he is using public fund..... But he is having a good salary and also own house there ........So they can surely see that he is able to (financially) support me in uk....then y this decision??? we ,my family all are totally depressed....he is crying...i cant bear this... Submitted on March 30, Cochin...
@sraz- Sorry, to hear that. Its really hard to accept that they reject the application and that too so late.

But don't worry, either appeal or reapply whatever best you think but you will get your visa soon.

d4rmsc
Newly Registered

Post by d4rmsc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Sraz - very sorry to hear that, I feel for you.

My wife - Applied 01/05/2012
Submitted in VFS South Mumbai
Today is 48th working day

Anybody else applied from Mumbai got any news, update on application or know what the average processing time is at present?

JS26

Post by JS26 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 pm

d4rmsc wrote:Sraz - very sorry to hear that, I feel for you.

Anybody else applied from Mumbai got any news, update on application or know what the average processing time is at present?
@D4rmsc- Hi , I applied in Pune but it goes to Mumbai South for processing.

I called the Mumbai BHC last week and they said the current processing time is 62 working days.

For me it is 53 working days now, excluding two public holidays.

RS_UK
Newly Registered

Post by RS_UK » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 pm

hi all

just an update.....

applied via jalandhar 24 April and settlement Visa granted 9 July.

good luck to all.

RS

JS26

Post by JS26 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

RS_UK wrote:hi all

just an update.....

good luck to all.

RS
Congrats @RS_UK- I hope you have a happy life ahead.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 pm

@ant,

just to be on safe side, i have seen people carrying a copy of their entire application bundle along with the marriage certificate... even i did that... after that, i havent heard from people doing the same.. so its totally on you whether u wld lke to carry it or not...

@RS_UK,

congratulations and wish u best in life :)

@sraz,
another case of negligence on UKBA's part... sorry to hear abt u dear... but i wld suggest u to appeal and present ur docs very well.. im sure the moderators wil be here to help u.... im sure u'll get it granted soon...
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

ant06 wrote:My intention is if atleast one new applicant can mae use of this. I
shall be very happy.

All the Best for all of them waiting to hear.
@ant06,

Must appreciate this as it would be really helpful for new applicants.

Regards,

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Please be strong for you and your partner too- this is not the end.

I am sure once you show proof of this they will accept the application - it is silly they cannot see even without that publc funds taken away he will be able to support you. It may also mean that the olympics visas are drawing close so your appeal won't take too long like the first wait you did.

They should be more specific about the requirements.

sraz wrote:My application has been rejected today......Reason - My hus's mothers pension is being credicted into his bank account in uk and we havent provided proof for that, so they considered that he is using public fund..... But he is having a good salary and also own house there ........So they can surely see that he is able to (financially) support me in uk....then y this decision??? we ,my family all are totally depressed....he is crying...i cant bear this... Submitted on March 30, Cochin...

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 pm

just an update.....

good luck to all.

RS
Ohhhh wow,, many many congratulations to you.. Yours took about 52 days
Now hoping my visa will be granted soon.. Fingers crossed

Have a great time ahead ..

Regards,

-------------------------
Applied @ VFS Jalandhar - 08 May 2012
Forwarded to BHC - 09 May 2012
44 working days

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Congratulations @RS.

just an update.....

good luck to all.

RS

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:14 pm

@sraz..

Really very sorry to hear this.. Can understand the feeling of living apart from partner and really painful after get to know about rejection..
But as other mates said, it is not the end .. We have to fight for it .
You'll be granted visa soon as you appeal and provide clarification. Till the time have to be strong.

Regards,

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:44 pm

d4rmsc wrote:Sraz - very sorry to hear that, I feel for you.

So sorry to hear about your application rejection. are you going to appeal or reapply?
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 pm

just an update.....

good luck to all.

RS
Congrats to you mate.! have a great time ahead!
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

swan87
Newly Registered

Post by swan87 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 pm

@ sraz Really sorry to hear the news.I know this is a hard time for you and your family,but be strong...

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:29 pm

@RS_UK

Congratulations on the great news! Jalandhar seems to be doing their best job!

@Sraz

I am very sorry to hear about the rejection. I wish they had the brains to calculate how much your husband is earning and make a decision based on that or seek clarification when they noticed a red flag and ask for further documentation. I simply do not understand why they do that! Seriously, what reason have they got to not give a call and ask for more information.

It must be absolutely painful to go through this, but please stay strong and like others have said, its a fight worth doing.

One suggestion. I don't know which area your husband lives, but MP of his constituency should have a direct line for UKBA and it could be of help if he dropped an email or met with their MP and asked how they could support him. Even if they cannot speed up the process, at least he could gain the MP's support?

I wish you all the very best and start the appeal process ASAP so there aren't any more delays. Reapplying might mean you have to wait 5 years although it could also mean its done faster.

Stay strong!

Dharmitha
Newly Registered

Re: delay in settlement visa

Post by Dharmitha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:21 am

Exactly,

I lodged on the 17th of April, absolutely nothing from them.

I think due to the Olympic, this is the higher time for them to earn.

sraz

visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:53 am

[quote="maroonedsoul"]@RS_UK

Congratulations on the great news! Jalandhar seems to be doing their best job!

@Sraz

I am very sorry to hear about the rejection. I wish they had the brains to calculate how much your husband is earning and make a decision based on that or seek clarification when they noticed a red flag and ask for further documentation. I simply do not understand why they do that! Seriously, what reason have they got to not give a call and ask for more information.

It must be absolutely painful to go through this, but please stay strong and like others have said, its a fight worth doing.

One suggestion. I don't know which area your husband lives, but MP of his constituency should have a direct line for UKBA and it could be of help if he dropped an email or met with their MP and asked how they could support him. Even if they cannot speed up the process, at least he could gain the MP's support?

I wish you all the very best and start the appeal process ASAP so there aren't any more delays. Reapplying might mean you have to wait 5 years although it could also mean its done faster.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ sraz wrote ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
{quote}Hii All, Thank U for your support.It really means a lot to me in this difficult situation.Then about the next step,we are planning to re-apply.Eventhough we feel that they will overturn their decision during appeal, we cant say anything about the time duration.Appealing can even take 6-9 months.But if we are lucky, we will get a good decision within 1 or 2 months..But we cant take risk again..So solicitor also says we can go for re-applying.But as maroonedsoul said, i have to wait 5 years or so to get a PR.Isn't it So pls need all your suggestion too. Which one is better? Then he is London(CSurrey)..he hadnt said about contacting MP..How to do that?Thanks for all once again...
Last edited by sraz on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

sraz

visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:00 am

@RS-UK Congrats dear ....

sraz

visa

Post by sraz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 am

Hii All, Thank U for all your support.It really means a lot to me in this difficult situation.Then about the next step, we are planning to re-apply.Eventhough we feel that they will overturn the decision during appeal, we cant say anything about the time duration.Appealing can take even 6-9 months.But if we are lucky, we will get a good decision with 1 or 2 months.But we are not willing to take risk. So solicitor also says we can go for re-applying.But as maroonedsoul said I have to wait 5 years or so to get a PR if Iam re-applying (new law from july 9 onwards) .Isn't it.So pls need all your suggestions.Then his location he is from London(Surrey).Contacting MP, how to do that?Then about bank fund, eventhough ukba has not mentioned about that in our refusal letter..iam worried...we had a reasonable amount in his account..is that not sufficient?What should be the required bank fund?Pls need ur suggestions...Thanks in advance for all

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:33 am

Here is a list of surrey Mps. i'm not sure what part so if you look at this list here:

http://online.surreycc.gov.uk/members/M ... t?OpenForm

then google their name i'm sure you will find a contact e-mail address.

Perhaps you should get the solicitor to look at the copies of bank statements - what was the official thing they said about the refusal for the visa. I am sure you need to show a good cash flow coming in after all expenses.

sraz wrote:Hii All, Thank U for all your support.It really means a lot to me in this difficult situation.Then about the next step, we are planning to re-apply.Eventhough we feel that they will overturn the decision during appeal, we cant say anything about the time duration.Appealing can take even 6-9 months.But if we are lucky, we will get a good decision with 1 or 2 months.But we are not willing to take risk. So solicitor also says we can go for re-applying.But as maroonedsoul said I have to wait 5 years or so to get a PR if Iam re-applying (new law from july 9 onwards) .Isn't it.So pls need all your suggestions.Then his location he is from London(Surrey).Contacting MP, how to do that?Then about bank fund, eventhough ukba has not mentioned about that in our refusal letter..iam worried...we had a reasonable amount in his account..is that not sufficient?What should be the required bank fund?Pls need ur suggestions...Thanks in advance for all

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 am

sraz wrote:Hii All, Thank U for all your support.It really means a lot to me in this difficult situation.Then about the next step, we are planning to re-apply.Eventhough we feel that they will overturn the decision during appeal, we cant say anything about the time duration.Appealing can take even 6-9 months.But if we are lucky, we will get a good decision with 1 or 2 months.But we are not willing to take risk. So solicitor also says we can go for re-applying.But as maroonedsoul said I have to wait 5 years or so to get a PR if Iam re-applying (new law from july 9 onwards) .Isn't it.So pls need all your suggestions.Then his location he is from London(Surrey).Contacting MP, how to do that?Then about bank fund, eventhough ukba has not mentioned about that in our refusal letter..iam worried...we had a reasonable amount in his account..is that not sufficient?What should be the required bank fund?Pls need ur suggestions...Thanks in advance for all
@ Sraz,

It looks like you already know the pros and cons of reapplying and appealing. Although it took Lucy 7 months, it seems to me from reading other cases, that the average is roughly 4-5 months or so. Only a month or two more from the current processing times anyway.

I believe this could be good for a few reasons:

1) You have the chance to clarify other things at the tribunal as long as you carry every evidence with you.

2) The old rules will still apply. I saw stats somewhere about rejection rates being quite high during the application of ILR.

3) All this means over time, you will be spending a lot of money to reapply, extend your FLR, apply for ILR and it is time consuming.

If you stay strong and get the support of friends and family, perhaps appealing is better. I know it is not easy staying apart from our partners. I keep telling myself I am on a holiday in India, but, I know everyday, I find it stressful and have negative thoughts!

On a contrary note, reapplying might allow you to get a visa sooner, and it is probably okay because you will be with your husband anyway and how would it matter how long they take as long as you are able to live with him?

I think whichever decision you take, I wish you all the best and success in every step.

Regarding MP's. It looks the MPs for Surrey are the Tories. This shouldn't discourage you because each MP has different views and priorities. Once you find out who the MP is, send an email or check on the website or local newspaper to see if there is any surgery (that is what they call it, it is basically an opportunity for the residents to meet with the local MP's). You can do this after you start the reapplying or appeal process if you do not get a response from them quickly enough the first time. So, send that email right away to their office immediately.

Usually, you need to provide your husband's address in the email so that they can actually verify if he can help him or not. Otherwise, they would refer him to the right MP.

Hope that helps.

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I am still waiting. ...
I had contacted the BHC and they said I will get a reply within 60 days.
I had made a fresh application on April 25th ; because of some problem with the bio-metrics, donno whether that's the reason it is getting delayed ??
However my daughter's application had no problem , as I had to make a fresh application only for me on 25th. My daughter's application is still tagged to 30.03.2012.

sk2912

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 pm

@ant06
Many thanks for your precise and clear reply for each section wise. Very useful.

I'm bit puzzled with applying two applications, one for your daughter and yourself? Could you explain this bit detail and the reason behind this. Till now, I'm under the assumption that one application for spouse and son should be good enough..

Just to make my self clear, have you been in the UK already under FLR(M) visa and applying settlement visa from India?

section 4
1.IELTS test report form - Is this mandatorily to be taken, since my wife has UG degree taught in English

section7
fixed deposit funds seperately on mine and my daughter - Is this in INR or GBP? what is the need for maintaining seperate funds? Is there any minimum balance to be maintained in my current account?

section 9
My wife is employed in UK and she is in maternity leave, I think showing the employer ref letter should be good enough for this section, is that correct.
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

swan87
Newly Registered

Post by swan87 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I applied from vfs cochin on 2/4/2012,collected my passport today,visa rejected.The reason is i have submitted my provisional degree certificate and hence english requirement not met.We plan to make appeal with my original degree certificate.Does anybody know whether i can travel to UK during appeal period on visiting visa?

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:21 pm

@Balaji:
I did not write my IELTS as I had a UG degree certificate accepted by UKNARIC. The degree certificate must be original .
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -language/
Last edited by sk2912 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.