ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR + Life in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagi_24
Newly Registered

ILR + Life in UK

Post by nagi_24 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 am

Hi,

Need to quick confirmation.

Can I take Life in UK test and apply for ILR in Person on the same day.
I've booked Life in UK from 09:15 to 10:15 I'm hoping I should get the results well before 11:30. I've my PEO appointment at Croydon at 1 PM.

Thanks

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: ILR + Life in UK

Post by imran22 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am

nagi_24 wrote:Hi,

Need to quick confirmation.

Can I take Life in UK test and apply for ILR in Person on the same day.
I've booked Life in UK from 09:15 to 10:15 I'm hoping I should get the results well before 11:30. I've my PEO appointment at Croydon at 1 PM.

Thanks
I guess you need to rebook your homeoffice appointment based on information below from UKBA website

If you pass the test, you will receive a pass notification letter. You will need to include this letter as part of your application. The test centre will also notify us electronically within two working days that you have passed the test. This notification will take at least two days. If you pass the test, you will not need to provide any further evidence of your language skills.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Some test centres take a week to send the confirmation through to the UKBA.
The system certainly won't be updated on the same day!

nagi_24
Newly Registered

Post by nagi_24 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks for confirmation and quoting the UKBA info.

Will UKBA not accept the Life in UK pass certificate from their own approved centres regardless whether there system have been updated.
Also, As per UKBA info-
"The test centre will also notify us electronically within two working days that you have passed the test. " - it say's - "The test centre will also" which I assume is 2nd option of pass info.

As I'm not able to get another date for PEO, hence little keen to know if this will result in rejection or delays. Has anyone experienced during their application in person.

Thanks
Nagi
Last edited by nagi_24 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Hiya,

You are cutting it too fine.

Atleast give 2-3 working days between your LIUK test and ILr application

Thanks,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 am

ITGraduate wrote:Hiya,

You are cutting it too fine.

Atleast give 2-3 working days between your LIUK test and ILr application

Thanks,
Exactly...It is not only too thin, but also a waste of money in my view. The most likely scenario would be that your case will be on hold and goes in the Q for the pending documents within their system. Meaning that it may delay your case by a week to a couple of weeks. It is very unlikely that you'll get the result on the same day. but it will surely be sooner than the 6 weeks waiting time.

I'd say go for it, only if you'd be ok to get it a bit late but sooner than posatal one!
Ashok

Ashok

nagi_24
Newly Registered

Post by nagi_24 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Thanks for sharing the info. it certainly is helpful in making decision. Will move my PEO date.

Thanks
Nagi

nagi_24
Newly Registered

Post by nagi_24 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

I had my appointment in Croydon on 30th Jul @ 01:05PM and everything was fine except that my wife's LUK results were not updated on the UKBA server. I was told my application is approved but they await update on their system.

I was told I will receive call by Tues/Wed (before 1st Aug), still waiting.

Is there a number to call them other than mentioned on the letter given by UKBA - 08706067766

We plan to travel next Friday, fingers crossed. Any info on this subject will help reduce anxiety.

Thanks in advance.
Nagi

slashhypha
Newly Registered

Post by slashhypha » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:34 pm

nagi_24 wrote:I had my appointment in Croydon on 30th Jul @ 01:05PM and everything was fine except that my wife's LUK results were not updated on the UKBA server. I was told my application is approved but they await update on their system.

I was told I will receive call by Tues/Wed (before 1st Aug), still waiting.

Is there a number to call them other than mentioned on the letter given by UKBA - 08706067766

We plan to travel next Friday, fingers crossed. Any info on this subject will help reduce anxiety.

Thanks in advance.
Nagi
Hi Nagi, so did you hear back from the UKBA? If so, how many days after they deferred your application?