ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need to book PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 am

well, i have just tortured myself to stay awake till 12:00 and the moment its midnight their systems go down. can't even get on to the website.

need to book a PEO (sheffiled/bham) on/after 10 October. What to do ? ???

rachel89
Newly Registered

Re: need to book PEO appointment

Post by rachel89 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:34 am

innocentdevil wrote:well, i have just tortured myself to stay awake till 12:00 and the moment its midnight their systems go down. can't even get on to the website.

Hi Just to let you know I got an appoitment just few min ago,you need to keep trying,trust me it works,try as many times as you can,good luck

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 am

innocentdevil wrote:well, i have just tortured myself to stay awake till 12:00 and the moment its midnight their systems go down. can't even get on to the website.

Hi innocentdevil,

Are you not looking for the appointment too early? What my knowledge is that they release appointments six weeks in advance? Had UKBA changed this policy recently?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am

Hi

I agree with imran22 there's nothing wrong with the UKBA website at all its working absolutely fine as I've checked for few dates for my self its not showing any appointments availabilities after the 42 days time period so to book an appointment in October time you need to try booking it by September time unfortunately its too early mate.

Good luck for your appointment booking and for your ILR as well.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 pm

ohhh ok. i get it. but even when i try to search for appointment at midnight, it just says technical problem. i should still be able to search or am I searching too far in advance. i.e: october.

thanks for clarification peeps

rachel89
Newly Registered

Post by rachel89 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 pm

innocentdevil wrote:ohhh ok. i get it. but even when i try to search for appointment at midnight, it just says technical problem. i should still be able to search or am I searching too far in advance. i.e: october.

Hi I also saw tech problem message but don't get disappointed keep pressing Next Bottom until it goes open

tvj

Post by tvj » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 pm

innocentdevil wrote:ohhh ok. i get it. but even when i try to search for appointment at midnight, it just says technical problem. i should still be able to search or am I searching too far in advance. i.e: october.

It works, the quota opens only for that specific date due after the Six week window. I did a family appointment last week sharp at 12.00. got the appointment done. After selecting the time slot and giving the details it took like a minute or so to provide the confirmation. The current window should be like the 23rd or 24th of August. So you still have some time :)

But I understand, it is like when will that D day come first to make the appointment, then we start the next wait for the appointment date. It seems the days go very slowly during these times!!.

Regards

Jay

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 pm

it does actually. when i go to select, i can basically select from today's date upto 11 october(today) in the calendar. will keep looking for one inshallah.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 pm

tvj wrote:It works, the quota opens only for that specific date due after the Six week window.
Interesting. So this means that though there is a date criteria in the search (from date - to date), you will literally only ever get appointments for a single date when you search at midnight. I.e. 42 days in the future from the current date? Am I correct? If so do you just leave the date fields on the search form blank when searching?

nitint1

Post by nitint1 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 am

Started trying to book an appointment with various date combinations for PEO Premium Service, even after 15 mins I only get this message:
We can not complete your appointment booking. This is due to a technical problem. Please try again later.
with a Finish button, which means I can only start from the scratch, selecting visa category, dependent, and locations again...
Anyone experienced this, this is my second day or midnight I should say in a row with this same issue?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 am

that is the exact same error i get.

Shan77

Post by Shan77 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am

Tried last night since 11-55 pm to 12-30 am. Received the same message: We can not complete your appointment booking. This is due to a technical problem. Please try again later.

You then have to click the finish button and you start all over again.

tvj

Post by tvj » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
tvj wrote:It works, the quota opens only for that specific date due after the Six week window.
Interesting. So this means that though there is a date criteria in the search (from date - to date), you will literally only ever get appointments for a single date when you search at midnight. I.e. 42 days in the future from the current date? Am I correct? If so do you just leave the date fields on the search form blank when searching?
You still need to enter the dates. The date period you enter should include the 42 nd day. For eg I would search like from 08th aug to 30th aug. The date field is needed to search if there are free appointments over multiple dates. This rarely happens since all the slots get booked same day as it opens

Regarding the technical error, I did get that on a couple of occasions but later it got cleared.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

tvj wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
You still need to enter the dates. The date period you enter should include the 42 nd day. For eg I would search like from 08th aug to 30th aug. The date field is needed to search if there are free appointments over multiple dates. This rarely happens since all the slots get booked same day as it opens

Regarding the technical error, I did get that on a couple of occasions but later it got cleared.
Thanks for the information. I guess this means that the last meaningful date to enter as the "to-date" in the search criteria is the 42nd day from current date. I suppose getting an appointment and then the location & time you want, is a matter of perseverance & luck! If only the UKBA had a appointment booking system which locked your booking once you selected the slot (as almost all everyday web-based applications usually do) to enter your details, life would be so much easier! Now it's literally a race against time to enter your details after selecting the slot, before someone else does.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm

basically, it is a shit system just like other shit systems they have in place in nhs and everywhere. half of time they don't work.

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
tvj wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

Thanks for the information. I guess this means that the last meaningful date to enter as the "to-date" in the search criteria is the 42nd day from current date. I suppose getting an appointment and then the location & time you want, is a matter of perseverance & luck! If only the UKBA had a appointment booking system which locked your booking once you selected the slot (as almost all everyday web-based applications usually do) to enter your details, life would be so much easier! Now it's literally a race against time to enter your details after selecting the slot, before someone else does.
There is a way out to save the time of filling the forms and race against the time. I've done this more than once. I'm switching into ILR using SET (O) via Tier2 route.

Try this, if you want:

-On the 43rd day before the desired appointment, booked two separate appointments for a day 42nd from today. and for my son over 18 year.

-Those two appointments were neither on the same location, nor on the same day.

-Next day, I logged on using two laptops, 5 mins before 24:00 hrs midnight

-Used the re-schedule option from the system.

-I started to search for the 42nd day and asked my wife to do the same from another one.

-There were pleanty of appointments to chose from, we selected two consecutive slots on the same for the same PEO.

I'm sure it will work for you as well. Though it is still a race against time, it is most likely a bit easier one. Good luck to you all.

Regards,
Ashok
Last edited by Ashokbrt on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saran79
United Kingdom

Post by saran79 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm

good technique ..will try

ak36

Post by ak36 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:16 am

Hi Ashokbrt,

Are you sure that a person can book two appointments at the same time. At the time of booking my appointment, I was mindful of IT issues in various PEO offices and ideally, wanted to book two appointments. I managed to book one appointment for myself and wife but when I asked the Home Office about second appointment while using the same account details, they told me that I wouldn't be able to book another appointment without cancelling the first one.

Is it really possible to book two appointments in case if something goes wrong with first appointment and second one is available to be utilised.

Thanks,

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 am

ak36 wrote:Hi Ashokbrt,

Are you sure that a person can book two appointments at the same time. At the time of booking my appointment, I was mindful of IT issues in various PEO offices and ideally, wanted to book two appointments. I managed to book one appointment for myself and wife but when I asked the Home Office about second appointment while using the same account details, they told me that I wouldn't be able to book another appointment without cancelling the first one.

Is it really possible to book two appointments in case if something goes wrong with first appointment and second one is available to be utilised.

Thanks,
Not at the same time. I think I've said 're-schedule', once you go for that option, your previous appointment first gets crossed. Within a minute you can book the desired one. It is still a bit of race against time, but that works. However you need to have separate accounts for yourself and your additional candidate's (in my case it was 20 yr old son).

I've done that 3-4 weeks back and was successfull in re-scheduling two times, meaning that three sets of appointment bookings!

Have you sheduled your first set or not? if so, did you try to re-schedule it or not? Did it ask to cancel or not? if so, were you afraid of losing the first one which was hardly acquired? Don't worry, create a dummy account to check if the appointments are available or not, and check that first before cancelling yours.

Does that help?

Cheers,
Ashok

nmm

Post by nmm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Can anyone please confirm the exact link to book the PEO appointment online?

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:32 pm

nmm wrote:Can anyone please confirm the exact link to book the PEO appointment online?

Thanks
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se ... %2faccount

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 am

Not Advisable - but you can have two different accounts (emails)!

Ashokbrt

Post by Ashokbrt » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:42 pm

nmm wrote:Can anyone please confirm the exact link to book the PEO appointment online?

Thanks
Link:
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/iapply.portal

Top right hand corner. First register, then log-in to apply.

Cheers,
Ashok

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks

londonpal
Newly Registered

Got my ILR today (Post 1 : Booking an appointment)

Post by londonpal » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:37 pm

[color=blue][b]Many thanks to everyone who posted their experience here. It was very helpful thanks
[/b][/color]

[i][b]My experience of booking appointments as follows :
Preparing for online appointment booking *you will see below why this was good*[/b]
[/i]
[list]Create UKBA login id and keep it simple (for e.g. consecutive chars of keyboard)
The memorable password was numbers 1 to 8 i.e. 12345678 (takes away the time needed to calculate which character is 6th for example)
Write login id, password, full names (as per passport), date of birth (date - separately, month separately, year separately and one as dd-mm-yyyy) on a Word Document
Copy and paste the link to UKBA Online Booking website in notepad (or Word document or whatever word processor you prefer) and to the Shortcuts to the browser you use
ensure that there are multiple places on your computer where you can click the link to online booking system. It helps.[/list]

[u][i][b]Booking appointment [/b][/i][/u]
[b]Day - 1 Trying to book the appointment : [/b]
[list=]
Woke up at 11.45 midnight
UKBA website goes down around 12.10 midnight
I kept refreshing the link again and again and site comes online
I enter the complicated and looong login Id I had created (I didn't prepare as above then)
I calculate the 3th, 6th and 7th char of a complex memorable password I had chosen
Pressed enter something wrong with my password or my memorable word
Re-entered the details, got it right this time..
Hit enter and UKBA site went down again
Time now is around 12.25 am
I keep clicking the link for online booking (don’t use refresh as sometimes browser takes the old version of page in it’s cache).
Approx 2 or 3 mins later the online logon for website appears again
I enter the complex logon details/memorable word.. again takes 2 attempts to get it right (remember I didn’t prepare)
Get to see appointments available 42 days from the date and few appointments for earlier date..
Excited about it.. chose a date.. Website goes down again
Time is approx. 12.35 am
Website comes back again after approx. 5 mins.. logon again, complex password entered again.. select options and even less appointments available this time…
Start entering the details manually looking at passports at times to ensure details are correct (Remember I didn’t prepare)..
15 mins gone entering the details and verifying (you cant change the details once you entered and if you enter wrong details, you wont be entertained at the PEO office)
On last screen entered press book appointment – Appointment is gone..
Chose the option to select other date/location/time and no more appointments available.
Time now is approx. 1 am….. I am tired and in anxiety….. No use nothing is available.. all appointments gone.. [/list]

[b]Day – 2 Next day is horrid[/b] as I slept around 2 am previous night… Also couldn’t stay up in night to book the appointment as was very sleepy.. so happily slept through the night and loudest alarm couldn’t wake me up at 11.45 am

[b]Day – 3 : Got the appointment[/b]
[u][i]During the day – [/i][/u]
[list=]Registered again at UKBA website with simple username and 12345678 as memorable word
Ensured everything I needed to type was already in notepad (Tip : use word document or any other word processor you are comfortable with. I used notepad as I am techie and I know it’s faster than word.. I just needed the ability to cut/copy/paste).[/list]
[u]
[i]11.45 pm : [/i][/u]
Rehearsed couple of times trying to get the appointment during the day (no appointments available during the day) to ensure I have everything I need to

[i][u]12 am – UKBA Site goes down[/u][/i]
12.10 am – Before website comes up.. I have browser on half screen, notepad on another..
Approx. 12.15 am
Site comes up..
I am on fire.. copying pasting from notepad and entering details in jiffy
Get to appointment screen in less than 1 min sharp
Chose an appointment date, copy pasted from notepad and when I pressed button, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…………….. website goes down again..
12.20am – 1 am Tried booking the appointment, but irrespective of how quick I was, said appointments not available. Error message no longer states Appointment not available.. It said there is an error booking appointment (or something like that).
1 am – Eureka moment – Just thought check the email as the error message is different and may be appointment got booked before site went down again.. and BINGOOOOO an email confirming the appointment is there.. But doesn’t show on my logon page..
Wrote a note to website’s administrator to confirm if there was an issue with my booking and that site isn’t allowing me to book another one..
UKBA administrators got back very quickly to confirm the appointment was booked. There was issue with the system that appointment not showing up

[b]Bottomline is :[/b]
PREPARation helped me.. .. Keeping my logon id, password etc. HELPED ME… In my view, best chance to book appointment – within 10 mins of website coming up in midnight.. that’s the time appointments for 42 days from TODAY are released.. So don’t waste your precious time by trying to logon with complex username/passwords and memorable words.. NOT WORTH IT in my humble opinion..

[i][b]Keep Watching[/b][/i] Next is documents I carried (courtesy this website I was very prepared and the officer said – He was very pleased with the way I organised stuff. Made it easy for him to get through the application ASAPP..

Something I didn’t expect.. but was very nice to hear… and no I am not related to anyone who owns this discussion board

[b]Bit of disclaimer – I am just sharing my experience.. Not saying this is exactly how it happens and how you should do it.. Make your call [/b]