ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marvel
Newly Registered

Entry Clearance Process

Post by Marvel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:29 am

Hello Guys,
I am also awaiting the results, (Out Country App), but meanwhile would like to gain more knowledge of the process after HSMP is approved (God Willing)
1) What documents are required to be sent to embassy?
2) Which applicaiton form is to be used? (Settlement or non settlement type)
3) I saw that application asks for the address in UK where you will stay, but as in our case (atleast mine) its not yet decided, how this question needs to be answered?

Would appreciate, guys who have already got EC can you please share your expereince.
regards
Marvel

srib
Newly Registered

Post by srib » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:44 am

Hi Marvel,
1. Normally the British High Commisssion asks for all the docs that you had submitted during HSMP application. Call the BHC and know the required docs.
2. Use VAF1 - Non-Settlement Form - use the latest form that is uploaded
3. For address, either you will stay with your friend or you will stay in a hotel. Mention the address accordingly.
Regards,
srib

Marvel
Newly Registered

Post by Marvel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:51 am

Thanks srib,
Does this mean that I need to do the hotel booking (if I am going to stay in a hotel) before I get EC?
regards,

srib
Newly Registered

Post by srib » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi Marvel,
Yes. Either you can show hotel booking (or) if any of your friends are in the UK, they can give a letter that you can stay with them.
You can book a hotel and later cancel the booking also. Search this forum on hotel booking. There are many useful threads.
Regards,
srib

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:08 pm

Marvel,

I dont think the hotel booking is a wise choice. The EC officer will want to know you can support yourself when u get to UK and maybe till you get job. For example if you do book a hotel, how long will u book it for 1,2,3 days or 1, 2, 3 months becos the EC officer will ask. And wot if u dont get a job for 3months, will u still be able to afford stayin in a hotel? That i think the EC officer will query u about and once he/she has a doubt about it, you will be refused cos ir shows u wont be able to support urself if u dont have a job.

Best bet will be to get a friend in the UK to give u a letter staying you'll be staying with him when u do get to the UK and also you'll need to show u've got enough money in ur bank acct as prove that u can support urself without relyin on UK benefits.

Hope you initial HSMP is approved 1st.....as i'm just about to apply for mine after the HO xmas break.