ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa for unemployed mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seri-ous
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa for unemployed mother

Post by seri-ous » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:51 am

Hi,

My wife is expecting a baby and I am planning to invite my mother to come over to UK to be with us(myself and my wife) for 6 months as we are getting ready to welcome our first baby this October.

My mother who is in India has never been employed in her life, hasn't got a bank account or any property in her name. She is supported by my retired father and a brother in India. I have no documentational evidence to provide on her behalf to prove that she intends to return to India. All she has got is a valid passport, a voters identification card and a ration card with her name and my fathers name on it.

Can somebody please help me in this case and let me know how to go about providing evidence of her intention to return back to India?

Any kind of help much appreciated.

Thanks,
VS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

You mother's tie to India is her husband. It's therefore his ties that need to be evidenced. His money is her money, his house is her house, his life is her life. If it were considered otherwise by the UKBA, housewives the world over would be prohibited from visiting the UK.

mzeeshan

Re: Family Visitor Visa for unemployed mother

Post by mzeeshan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:14 pm

seri-ous wrote:Hi,

My wife is expecting a baby and I am planning to invite my mother to come over to UK to be with us(myself and my wife) for 6 months as we are getting ready to welcome our first baby this October.

My mother who is in India has never been employed in her life, hasn't got a bank account or any property in her name. She is supported by my retired father and a brother in India. I have no documentational evidence to provide on her behalf to prove that she intends to return to India. All she has got is a valid passport, a voters identification card and a ration card with her name and my fathers name on it.

Can somebody please help me in this case and let me know how to go about providing evidence of her intention to return back to India?

Any kind of help much appreciated.

Thanks,
VS
I have similar situation with my mother. The only difference is that she is a widow and has her own bank account but she is financially dependent on me.

@Lucapooka plz clarify boss...

Thanks.
M.Z

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You mother's tie to India is her husband. It's therefore his ties that need to be evidenced. His money is her money, his house is her house, his life is her life. If it were considered otherwise by the UKBA, housewives the world over would be prohibited from visiting the UK.
Don't forget any kids,grand kids, brother,sisters that she may have back home. They all count and are good incentive to return.The more the merrier :wink:

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 pm

seri-ous wrote:My wife is expecting a baby and I am planning to invite my mother to come over to UK to be with us(myself and my wife) for 6 months as we are getting ready to welcome our first baby this October.
One document which helped me during my Mum's visa was my GP's letter stating that me and my wife don't have any close family in UK and requesting UKBA to grant my mum a visa to help out during my wife's pregnancy.

I know this is out of context but thought it might help.

seri-ous
Newly Registered

Post by seri-ous » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 am

Hi,

I am having second thoughts on whether its a good idea to mention the reason for my mothers visit to UK as supporting my wife during her pregnancy. Can anyone please tell me if its absolutely safe to mention this reason??

Thanks,
VS