ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR grated Solihull 06 July .....but have some queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkn

ILR grated Solihull 06 July .....but have some queries

Post by mkn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:32 pm

I would first like to thank all people on this forum for sharing their experience and everyone who has help me with my queries, special thanks to sushdmetha.

If wasn't this forum I think I would have spend money to get my application done through immigration consultant. My case for straight forward except that i came 82 days after my fist EC (within 3 months time frame) but was not sure whether to apply IRL or not as I was getting mixed responses from the immigration consultant whom I contacted but when I read successful stories on this forum then I made up my to follow advise from here rather than spend money on consultant.

My interview was at 10:00am went in by 9:30am through security check and had to wait till 10:30 for the call to meet the CW, went to the counter and immediately I informed her that I booked the appointment for 3 ppl but would not include my daughter as i would later register her for BC,she was ok with that and asked me for the SET(o) form, while going through the form she asked if I am self employed I said no.

She then said give me few minutes while i do some checking, within 2 mins she asked me for my Salary and bank statements, she check all the 12 months payslip matching with bank statement.

She then ask me for cohab doc, I gave her council tax from 2010-2012 and jont a/c bank statement, she when through and said bang on!!

she then said give me a minute I would be back went into the room I thought she wanted to do some more check but went to took photo copies of passport, then I told her I already have photocopies she was happy to take them...

Then she said I am granted ILR and explain me that I have to pay the fees and wait for Biometric test and collect the doc in about 2hrs, the whole process took ONLY 10 mins, I was pretty happy after waiting for about half an hour.

Payed the fees and waited for the Biometric test for about an hour, went out and came back after 2hrs (which was about 2:00PM)

Went in at 2:00PM and mention that I am here to collect my doc the guy check and gave me the doc and the HO letter ...but here is where i did mistake on not checking the doc as I assumed that it should be fine.

came home an check the letter from HO, on letter address to me does not mention about ILR grant but information that I be receiving biometric card within 7-10 wrk days, and another letter WHICH is not address to me but states that

"THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR".

mkn

Post by mkn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry previous message was post without completing it (posted by mistake)

the letter which states that the NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY
sates that ILR is approved but its not address to me....

So I have few queries
- I have only a letter address to me about the biometric card, my wife name is not included in that nor is there another letter address to her, so my question is do they issue only one letter and that too to main applicant??

- I have two sets of letter "NOTE ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR" ... i am wondering why two sets which nothing but same information or is that they issue the second set for my wife but forgot to issue the biometirc information letter on her name??
- Do the ILR information be included on the birometric card as well as they did not stamped anything on passports.

Could any one who has received the ILR recently please clarify my above queries..... as I am bit concern about these letters....

thanks again to all the member who has been so wonderful and replied to all queries some time some of my stupid queries tooo ..... :wink:

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi

First of all lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

I haven't got my ILR till yet as I still have some time to go for my ILR application but one of my close friend he got his ILR back in March 2012 and he received the same sets of letters in Croydon as well.

The letter which is addressed to you regarding your BRP information is the proof that you've got your ILR and they normally dont print any dependants name on any letters issued to the main applicants so dont worry about not having the name of your wife on that letter infact if I was you I would have joked with my wife that they didnt mention your name on the letter which means that you haven't got the ILR oh sad and then just laugh and say I was only joking. The other set of letter is a general information leaf let which is again the proof that you've got your ILR as only successfull candidates got that set of information letter.

Please do kindly keep us posted onthe forum once you'll receive your BRP card.

Hope this will answer your question.

Good luck for the future.

masterji
Newly Registered

Re: ILR grated Solihull 06 July .....but have some queries

Post by masterji » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi
Congratulations.
I am just curious why the CW asked for self employment status? Were you HSMP or WP?

What could be the reason?
Regards
M

mkn

Post by mkn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Thanks for the info Smam. So that mean dependents do not get any letter for their ILR approval, I was bit worried because at the time of Tier 1 they issue the letter to dependents as well but now there was no letter so wanted to know whether its normal or I missed the letter for dependent.

So that means I need to wait till I get my biometric cards....

masterji,

I am on HSMP.. not sure why.... what I remember is that she just started to go through my form when she ask the question.... may be by that time she didn't go to the salary section... when she asked that it reminded me that i had a cover letter prepared too and pass that on to her she said thanks but did not look at it just kept it aside and said hope everything is good in the letter, she was too cool lady.. then she ask for my proof for claiming previous earnings, I passed my play slips and bank statements, she went through comparing both pay slips and bank statements for all 12 months...i thought she would then add up the my salary and check what I am claiming is correct but she didn't, then asked for cohab doc's went through them and said bang on!!..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 am

mkn wrote:Thanks for the info Smam. So that mean dependents do not get any letter for their ILR approval, I was bit worried because at the time of Tier 1 they issue the letter to dependents as well but now there was no letter so wanted to know whether its normal or I missed the letter for dependent.

So that means I need to wait till I get my biometric cards....

masterji,

I am on HSMP.. not sure why.... what I remember is that she just started to go through my form when she ask the question.... may be by that time she didn't go to the salary section... when she asked that it reminded me that i had a cover letter prepared too and pass that on to her she said thanks but did not look at it just kept it aside and said hope everything is good in the letter, she was too cool lady.. then she ask for my proof for claiming previous earnings, I passed my play slips and bank statements, she went through comparing both pay slips and bank statements for all 12 months...i thought she would then add up the my salary and check what I am claiming is correct but she didn't, then asked for cohab doc's went through them and said bang on!!..
They do issue separate letters to all the applicants. It seems that there was some mix-up and your dependant's letter wasn't given to you. The letter itself is not important and means nothing (but it does have the case reference number). I would suggest that you wait for your biometric cards to arrive- should take 2-3 working days. If your dependant gets the card, you need not do anything.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Vijay.pailla

ILR or BC

Post by Vijay.pailla » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Mkn,

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

Now, I am almost in the same situation, I mean, I got my ILR due in November 2012 and I am applying for myslef. I am not including my daughter as a dependent as she would be only 3 months old.

1. Could you please let me know if I cam applying directly for BC(British Citizenship) and not ILR. That would save me money.
2. Please let me know how long did it take to get your ILR granted Passport back to you as I have to apply FLR(M) for my wife as a dependant ILR on my VISA.

Please reply me on the above.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
VJ

ron17
Newly Registered

Post by ron17 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello mkn,

Have you got your biometric cards yet? I got ILR today and been given two letters.

one letter is addressed to me saying they are returning me my passport and supporting documents. Also, biometric card should reach me within 7 days etc, etc...

one letter is not addressed to anyone and it says 'THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR' and it says my ILR is approved and info about ILR...

Wondering should both letters addressed to me personally or is everyone just getting a standard letter about approval.

Ron

mkn

Post by mkn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Code: Select all

Hi Mkn,

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

Now, I am almost in the same situation, I mean, I got my ILR due in November 2012 and I am applying for myslef. I am not including my daughter as a dependent as she would be only 3 months old.

1. Could you please let me know if I cam applying directly for BC(British Citizenship) and not ILR. That would save me money.
2. Please let me know how long did it take to get your ILR granted Passport back to you as I have to apply FLR(M) for my wife as a dependant ILR on my VISA.

Please reply me on the above.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
VJ
1) As senior members suggest if you don't plan to travel out of country then you can skip or else go for ILR.
You have to first register you daughter as BC once you get your ILR then you can go for BC passport.

please have look at below link for more details
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747

2) Now you only get the biometric cards, nothing would be stamped on you passport (I checked with one of my friend who got ILR recently), passport would be returned to you.

mkn

Post by mkn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Code: Select all

Hello mkn,

Have you got your biometric cards yet? I got ILR today and been given two letters.

one letter is addressed to me saying they are returning me my passport and supporting documents. Also, biometric card should reach me within 7 days etc, etc...

one letter is not addressed to anyone and it says 'THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR' and it says my ILR is approved and info about ILR...

Wondering should both letters addressed to me personally or is everyone just getting a standard letter about approval.

Ron
No, I have not yet received the biometric card... "waiting"... its only 2 days since my ILR.

Yes, I too had similar letter one about the biometric card details and other standard letter of approval(in fact i have two sets of these, not sure if the second set is for my wife).

mkn

Post by mkn » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Looks like I missed the courier guy (We do not have intercom in our flat so requested him to call me when he comes but did not bother to wait for 5 mins, I requested him to wait so that I can come down to collect the courier). No notes left about the parcel what to do now????

mkn

Post by mkn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

Can some one suggest what to do? shall i contact HO or would HO will contact me since the BRP is undelivered.

Any one been through this?? please advise.

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Did you try to call Home Office or Dx Courier ? If not may be worth a try

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:32 am

Hiya,

Have you received your Biometric card delivered?

How many working days did it take?

Thanks

mkn

Post by mkn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Got "MY" BRP card today had contacted DX couriers yesterday, within 10 mins of the submitting my query i got a call from them, ask them to deliver to my office which they did but only my card, not sure where is my wife's BRP card...., I was thinking the letter will include both cards...

Link to submit query to DX couriers if your courier is not delivered.

http://www.thedx.co.uk/contactus/custom ... eservices/

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Thank you !!! Good Luck with your wifes card aswell

tinku
Newly Registered

Post by tinku » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 pm

Congratulations! MKN I suspect DX might have delivered your wife's BRP card to your home address. Can I know the BRP validity period ?

Thanks, Tinku

mkn

Post by mkn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

2012 - 2022, does that mean after 10 yrs you need to get just a new card or apply for visa again?? I thought its suppose to indefinite leave..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm

mkn wrote:2012 - 2022, does that mean after 10 yrs you need to get just a new card or apply for visa again?? I thought its suppose to indefinite leave..
It's just the card you will need to get. The dates on it are just like the valid from/to dates on your driving licence.