ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics letter - how long must I wait?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_b

Biometrics letter - how long must I wait?

Post by mark_b » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 pm

I submitted my app and my dependant's on the 1st June and got an acknowledgement letter dated the 6th June. 5 weeks later and no sign of the biometrics letter yet. Looking at the visa timelines it seems to be an average 3-4 weeks.

I am starting to get worried - should I call them or email them to try find out what's happening?

Any advice welcome!

agesteven
Newly Registered

Post by agesteven » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Submitted mine with 3 dependent relatives since 15th May 2012......no Biometric Letter yet except for a letter/e-mail requesting me to send my passport photographs (Main Applicant) again on the 4th July 2012. It's almost 7 days after they've received the photographs now, yet no invitation for biometric and no contactable phone number.

Tier1Gen

Re: Biometrics letter - how long must I wait?

Post by Tier1Gen » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi mark_b,
I would say try calling UKBA (0870 606 7766) sometime next week, as you should give atleast 6-7 weeks for this letter to arrive.

If I remember correctly you should be selecting option 4 and then option 1.

You can ask them to send a request for a biometrics invitation to be issued.

Hope this will be of some help.

mark_b wrote:I submitted my app and my dependant's on the 1st June and got an acknowledgement letter dated the 6th June. 5 weeks later and no sign of the biometrics letter yet. Looking at the visa timelines it seems to be an average 3-4 weeks.

I am starting to get worried - should I call them or email them to try find out what's happening?

Any advice welcome!

mark_b

Re: Biometrics letter - how long must I wait?

Post by mark_b » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Tier1Gen wrote:Hi mark_b,
I would say try calling UKBA (0870 606 7766) sometime next week, as you should give atleast 6-7 weeks for this letter to arrive.

If I remember correctly you should be selecting option 4 and then option 1.

You can ask them to send a request for a biometrics invitation to be issued.

Hope this will be of some help.

mark_b wrote:I submitted my app and my dependant's on the 1st June and got an acknowledgement letter dated the 6th June. 5 weeks later and no sign of the biometrics letter yet. Looking at the visa timelines it seems to be an average 3-4 weeks.

Any advice welcome!
Thanks!

I actually gave them a ring today - option 4 then 1. Waited 20 mins and then got to speak to a woman who took my reference number and a few details. She said my letter has been generated on the 9th July and should be with me by the end of the week. And what are the odds - just got home and it's here!

Will go on Saturday and get them done - finally some progress!!!