ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW RULES..Yet another Confusion.. PLS HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex00
Newly Registered

NEW RULES..Yet another Confusion.. PLS HELP

Post by Rex00 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:44 pm

such a confusion again ... :roll: ...well that's HO good at to put ppls life in complications who does not understand complicated HO rules...

Your help on the following will be appreciated...

My wife got T-2 Dependent Visa from out of country and entered in UK on 10 JAN 2011. Her visa is valid up to Feb 2013. In the mean time I got ILR on the basis of 10 years on May 2012.

My simple questions..

In respect of My wife's Visa ... on what FORM she should apply now and when?

Your help will be much much appreciated.

Best regards,

REX

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 pm

She should apply on form FLR(M) i.e dependent of a person present and settled in UK. Why you did not switch your wife's visa before 9 July 2012. She may now wait for another 5 years to become eligible for ILR.

Rex00
Newly Registered

Post by Rex00 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:59 pm

bluebird2011 wrote:She should apply on form FLR(M) i.e dependent of a person present and settled in UK. Why you did not switch your wife's visa before 9 July 2012. She may now wait for another 5 years to become eligible for ILR.
you serious ... r u sure.. ?..... or should I pick "may now wait...." as another confusing answer?

Anyway ... thanks for reply.

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:22 pm

You should defenitely check to ensure your changing of visas is not considered a change in visa status. I'd advise to do so ASAP.

KatyBB
Newly Registered

Post by KatyBB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm

My question if you gain the nationality of a EU country you still need VISA for UK ? cause from what i know if you are EU member you dont need visa anymore. Thanks

Rex00
Newly Registered

Post by Rex00 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

chosenaik wrote:You should defenitely check to ensure your changing of visas is not considered a change in visa status. I'd advise to do so ASAP.
chosenaik.. thanks for your reply. I did not understand what you mean? are you suggesting if we change to FLR(M) is that mean the status will be chage and will fall under new rules... confusion confusion :roll: :roll: :roll:

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:44 pm

I am not sure either. I was in a similar state and did not risk it and got the FLR(M) earlier via PEO. I'd advise e-mailing the UKBA and querying them.

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 am

Hei everyone,

As I haven't got any clear answer regarding my question/query, We decided to attend the pre-booked PEO appointment in Solihull for FLR(M).

The experience was very pleasant. The service was excellent. Arrived 30 min before the appointed time and finish everything by 30 min. And later picked up the letter of approval after 1 and half hour.

However, we did not fill up 7A, instead filled up the 7B. We did not need to show any financial requirement as it was transitional arrangement. The case worker was well aware of that. The case worker also advised, my wife can apply for her ILR using the combination of time spent as T2 Dependent + ILR Dependent. Well, had a plan in mind to ask whether there is a chance to escape FLR(M) and apply directly SET(M) on later date, but did not bother.

Thanks to every one for contribution on my earlier posts.