ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

whats the latest I can apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr_pankaj

whats the latest I can apply?

Post by mr_pankaj » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:08 pm

Dear All,

I have a weird situation and unfortunately(or, fortunately) is unable to find anyone else in the same situation. So, any expert guidance would be much appreciated.

Case: I received a 3-year Tier-1 (general) migrant visa back in Dec.2009 [Expires in mid Dec. 2012].
Due to personal/family commitments I have not been able to enter U.K. till date. However recently I am negotiating a permanent role with a firm in UK, that is asking me to join in August 2012, which I am seriously considering.

My Questions:

1) If I were to enter UK in August 2012 (i.e. 3 years after I was issued Tier-1), what should I anticipate w.r.t. immigration authorities on London heathrow?

2) I think I understand this right, but would want to confirm from experts here too.
I was aiming to claim points on 'Income' between December 2011 and November 2012, with a breakdown of 8-months (i.e. Dec'11 - Jul'12) income earned in my home country and 4-months (i.e. Aug'12 - Nov'12) incomes in UK.
Hope there is no issue with my assumptions here, of course as long as I am in the right income bracket converted to GBP. Correct?

3) Are there any pre-requisites for the minimum amount of time one should have spent in UK before they become eligible for Tier-1 renewal?

4) To ensure I have accumulated sufficient funds in my UK bank account in next 4 months (Au'12-Nov'12) and before the renewal, am I OK to apply in-person on say Monday, 3rd of Dec'12 (i.e. 1-week before my current Tier-1 runs-out!).

5) Any other tip or advice you would like to share from your experience, that I should be aware of?

Many thanks for taking time to read my post and I look forward to some pointers.

Kind Regards
P

ups

Post by ups » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 pm

1. I think you should be fine.
2. Correct, and no uplift ratio can be applied.
3. Don't think so.
Last edited by ups on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Thank you 'ups' for the prompt reply. Could someone also please clarify on my Q4 or if there are any other views you may have against Q1-3?

Regards
P

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:29 pm

4. You can show your home country funds as well. no issues with your approach either.

there was one person who just came to UK for VISA extension based upon entire overseas earnings and he got it. So you will be fine.

Just make sure that no uplifts ratios are applied to your overseas earnings and you still qualify for the required points.

Best of luck.

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Thank you 'mantasingh'

My apologies, but I am still not very clear about this very last question as to WHAT is the last date I can hand-in my application?

To be precise my question is: Could I make an in-country application 1-week prior to my current Tier-1 expires?

Would I be allowed to live in UK when my application is being processed?

4) To ensure I have accumulated sufficient funds in my UK bank account in next 4 months (Au'12-Nov'12) and before the renewal, am I OK to apply in-person on say Monday, 3rd of Dec'12 (i.e. 1-week before my current Tier-1 runs-out!).

Thank you once again and Kind Regards
P
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:26 pm

yes 1 week will be fine.
as long as your application is made and reaches(in case of courier) to home office before your current leave expires you will be fine.
Tier1 Aspirant

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Thank you "tier1_aspirant123" for confirming 1-week before the current Tier-1 visa runs out is not too late to apply for a renewal.

Has there been anybody else who have been in the same situation? i.e. Applied for extension in-person or through courier a week or 2-weeks before the Tier-1 expiry?

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 pm

There will be many but it involves a big risk.
In case if you make an error in your application and UKBA decline the extension then you have no time to re-apply.

So it is always advisable to have sufficient time at your hand when you apply for any unforeseen outcome.

Best would be to have a In-person appointment and that too some 15-20 days prior to your Visa expiry.

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 am

Thank you "mantasingh". I completely agree with your thoughts that one should give themselves sufficient time to react if things go haywire.

In my case, to enable myself gain 5-points by having sufficient funds against the "UK experience" item, I would need to reflect my salaries until the end of November 2012 (with only 10 days in hand before my visa expires).

On that note, I wonder, "if" I want to apply a month in advance, say on November 15th, 2012 which gives me about a month before my visa runs out, how do I interpret my previous earnings? i.e. I have always been paid from 1st to 30th of each month, so, Is there a way to show my payment structure as if I was paid from 15th to 14th each month ?

Sorry, asking too detailed questions here, but I hope you understand that I am only trying to gather experiences of other experts here.

Cheers
P

ups

Post by ups » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Since you get the pay at end of the month, if you submit the application mid-month, you will only be able to show the salary of previous month. Remember you have to provide proof of the income, which will only be possible after the pay has landed.

layman

Post by layman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:49 pm

If you need to show last months salary then you can apply in first week of december.

I had applied through PEO 5 days before my leave was to end, so no issues at all in applying so close to the end date as long you have all the required evidences available. Especially so if you are employed, payslips and bank statements are all that is required, so less of a chance to make any mistake

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Thank you 'ups' and 'layman' for your response.

'layman' - your post has given me relief, as in my case I would have to wait till end of November for my salary to come through, which means just as in your case I would be applying for a renewal approximately 7-days before my current Tier-1 expires.

Now, guess I should wait and aim to seek a PEO appointment 42-days prior to my application date.

And as you rightly said, I am hoping I should be Ok with a permanent job offer along with salary statements and bank statement in hand when I go at a PEO centre in person.

I suppose once my application is submitted, they do not tell me the answer on the same day? Or, do they?

Also, I hope I would be considered a legal resident in UK once the decision on my application is pending with UKBA, right ?

Thank you
P

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:52 pm

mr_pankaj wrote:I suppose once my application is submitted, they do not tell me the answer on the same day? Or, do they?

Also, I hope I would be considered a legal resident in UK once the decision on my application is pending with UKBA, right ?
They may or may not give you a decision on the same day, depending on whether the case is straightforward, or if further checks are required & also if there are IT issues on the day.

See the following post for the answer to your second question:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#675740

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 am

Thank you 'cs95tdg' for the valuable feedback.

I will keep you all informed about my experiences once I have had been to the PEO closer a week before my visa runs out.

In the meantime, should there be someone else who would like to throw-in some more suggestions/tips or experiences, it would be very kind of you.

Thank you
P