ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1 general dependent visa from outside uk

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sirinomula
Newly Registered

tier1 general dependent visa from outside uk

Post by sirinomula » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:21 pm

My Tier1 (general) visa expires in Jan 2013 and i will (main applicant)apply for my extension within UK only during Dec 2012. But my wife and baby are in India now and planning to bring them in April 2013, so i have below queries now

1. My wife has got an existing dependent visa and she lived in London around 7 months, can she apply for the extension from India after i got my visa extended?

2. My baby has got no visa yet, can i apply for dependent visa next year after my visa extended?

3. During my extension i have to show 600£ funds maintenance as i have been living in London since March 2012, but i was in India for three months (Mid of jan to mid of Feb and April and May) few days working few days on paternity leave, but i was paid in London only during that period. Considering my 3 months stay in India, can i still show 600£ funds maintenance?

4. If apply for dependent visa extension from India, how much funds i have to show for each dependent and main applicant?

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:36 pm

My Tier1 (general) visa expires in Jan 2013 and i will (main applicant)apply for my extension within UK only during Dec 2012. But my wife and baby are in India now and planning to bring them in April 2013, so i have below queries now
Extension only happens if you are inside a country

1. My wife has got an existing dependent visa and she lived in London around 7 months, can she apply for the extension from India after i got my visa extended?
She will not be applying for extension. She will be applying for entry clearance.

2. My baby has got no visa yet, can i apply for dependent visa next year after my visa extended?
Yes.

3. During my extension i have to show 600£ funds maintenance as i have been living in London since March 2012, but i was in India for three months (Mid of jan to mid of Feb and April and May) few days working few days on paternity leave, but i was paid in London only during that period. Considering my 3 months stay in India, can i still show 600£ funds maintenance?
Why you have to show 600 for your fund maintenance. You have to show 900 for yourself.
If later you apply for your wife, you have to show 600. IF you apply later for your child you have to show 600.
if you apply all at same time you have to show 900+600+600

4. If apply for dependent visa extension from India, how much funds i have to show for each dependent and main applicant?
funds doesnt change. Currency value changes

sirinomula
Newly Registered

Post by sirinomula » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm

thank you.
1.on maintenance of funds, as i said i was in India for 3 months during jan-jun, will i still be showing 900£ only for main applicant during my extension in jan13? but i was paid here during that time.

2. do i need to submit any proof of address in UK while submitting my application form? now i am living in a PG, where they can't provide any.

3.How many days early i can apply before my visa expires? expiring in mid of jan13

4. Do i also need to apply for BRPs along with application?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:54 pm

sirinomula wrote:thank you.
1.on maintenance of funds, as i said i was in India for 3 months during jan-jun, will i still be showing 900£ only for main applicant during my extension in jan13? but i was paid here during that time.

Holidays don't count as breach of stay. Hence, you can show just £900 for yourself & £600 for each dependants

2. do i need to submit any proof of address in UK while submitting my application form? now i am living in a PG, where they can't provide any.

You don't need to show proof of address. However, it would be good to show it. If you are going to sponsor your dependants then I would suggest you show tenancy agreement. You can buy one of this agreements from W.H.Smith store. All your landlord need to do is sign it. Send that, it will work.

3.How many days early i can apply before my visa expires? expiring in mid of jan13

You can apply as early as you want. But if you want your extension to start from your expiry date, try not to apply before a month in advance. However, please note that extensions are given as per the date of approval, so if you apply via. PEO, they can give you extension from the date of your application. If you are making postal application, apply near start of Jan.

4. Do i also need to apply for BRPs along with application?

I would suggest you read the application form and guidance. BRPs are mandatory. You don't need to apply for it. Once you apply for your extension, they will send you a request to register your details for BRP if you haven't got one in your previous leave.

sirinomula
Newly Registered

Post by sirinomula » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:12 pm

thank you

sirinomula
Newly Registered

Post by sirinomula » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 pm

on Q3- if i apply for extension in Nov12(actual expiry date is Jan13) will i get extension for exactly 3 years(next expiry Nov 2015) or more to make me eligle for ILR?

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:14 am

No one can answer your question 3. Depends upon CW. But for sure it will be in your hand in Jan 13

ekbi1954
Newly Registered

Post by ekbi1954 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:26 am

do i need to submit any proof of address in UK while submitting my application form?Image