ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nholler
Newly Registered

waiting

Post by nholler » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:52 am

Still waiting, applied on 17th February and done the biometrics on 23rd March.

The waiting game is getting very boring indeed for all of us.

namcdona
Newly Registered

Post by namcdona » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi all - I’ve been watching this board for awhile now so I just thought I’d share my timeline

Applied: 1st February 2012
Biometrics: 26th March 2012

Still waiting for news and I am due to travel next Thursday. Please keep updating with any news!!

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Seems like nobody on this forum,who applied in feb has received any news.
My 5 months are over and now i'm officially into 6th month of wait.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Post by cityboy25 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:46 am

I think you are right nobody from February have received any news

My timeline
February 07/02/12

waitwaitwait wrote:Seems like nobody on this forum,who applied in feb has received any news.

From - Tier 4

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:52 pm

ditto!

My wife applied for FLR(M) after marriage, She currently has Leavr to Remain under PSW.
Date application Sent - 23/02/12 Next day delivery
Date HO received Application - 24/02/12
Received Acknowledgement Letter - between 01-03 March 12
BRP Invitation Letter -*Recd on 23 March with wrong title, called HO and they sent a fresh one out, received today-27 March, Biometrics Info provided on the 29th of March - the waiting game starts now*

Successful Application intimation -
BRP Card -
Passport and Documents back -

We used the new FLR(M) form which can be downloaded and filled in electronically and then subsequently uploaded to the HO website (need to print the form out, sign the form and send it to HO with all supporting docs). Also made the payment by Debit Card, which went through. Attached the confirmation Email along with the Ref Number generated.

I would have thought this would speed up the process, but maybe I was wrong, will need to wait and watch.

cityboy25 wrote:I think you are right nobody from February have received any news

My timeline
February 07/02/12

waitwaitwait wrote:Seems like nobody on this forum,who applied in feb has received any news.

From - Tier 4

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 pm

bobobo wrote:ditto!

My wife applied for FLR(M) after marriage, She currently has Leavr to Remain under PSW.
BRP Invitation Letter -*Recd on 23 March with wrong title, called HO and they sent a fresh one out, received today-27 March, Biometrics Info provided on the 29th of March - the waiting game starts now*

BRP Card -

We used the new FLR(M) form which can be downloaded and filled in electronically and then subsequently uploaded to the HO website (need to print the form out, sign the form and send it to HO with all supporting docs). Also made the payment by Debit Card, which went through. Attached the confirmation Email along with the Ref Number generated.

I would have thought this would speed up the process, but maybe I was wrong, will need to wait and watch.

cityboy25 wrote:I think you are right nobody from February have received any news

My timeline
February 07/02/12

From - Tier 4
I did the exact same form on 7/02/12 , the online one and then printed it out and sent it with the supporting docs on 08/02/12 as special delivery and paid by postal orders, its the most expensive but home office's preffered way of payment.
Still waiting.

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 am

waitwaitwait wrote:
bobobo wrote:ditto!

BRP Card -

My timeline
February 07/02/12

From - Tier 4
I did the exact same form on 7/02/12 , the online one and then printed it out and sent it with the supporting docs on 08/02/12 as special delivery and paid by postal orders, its the most expensive but home office's preffered way of payment.
Still waiting.
When you do a PEO apointment, it takes 1-2 hour to get it done, why the f*** they take so long to do by post, poor poor service .. appalling

neveragain
Newly Registered

Re: January applications

Post by neveragain » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 am

[quote="neveragain"]Just been on to my MP's office again. They called UKBA and spoke to the casework team who confirmed our application papers are with the team and "appear to be in order". They still didn't give a completion date though!!

Anyway, for what it's worth this may well be another sign that casework teams are indeed working through January right now.

Application posted: 14 January 2012
Biometrics: 26 March 2012 at Lunar House, Croydon.[/quote]

Having now waited for six months I decided to call UKBA for an update, using the 0870 number shown on our original letter of acknowledgement. I managed to get through to a telephone officer after precisely 43 minutes on hold. Note - to do this I had to use their voice menu option 2 (return of documents) as option 3 (application progress) merely tells you that they cannot deal with any enquiry in advance of 6 months passing since the date of your application then automatically cuts off without telling you how to go about enquiring where you have actually waited six months! So, anyway, back to option 2 and the 43 minute wait..... I finally spoke with the officer, who checked my details for security purposes before having a look at my record. Needless to say it remains unallocated and has not been started, in spite of the time lapse. So things don't seem to be moving any quicker at this time, although I suspect that the end of the Olympics pressure and the relaxation of the Home Office's need to divert to Heathrow any and every officer who can stamp a passport will eventually lead to a quickening of process times. I understand that serving and retired officers are even having flights and accommodation paid in addition to generous remuneration. Good use of public money while we visa applicants are made to suffer?? I'll leave that for you to decide. Anyway, so it's now back to badgering my MP and anything else I can think of to put pressure on UKBA. Good luck to all.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Can't believe that the UKBA are only just starting on Jan/Feb applications! Our updated timeline is as follows:

Application Sent: 22/05/2012
Ack. Letter Received: 06/06/2012 (Dated 31/05/2012)
Biometrics Letter Received with incorrect spelling: 15/06/2012 (Dated 11/06/2012)
Called asking them to rectify spelling: 20/06/12
Corrected Biometrics Letter Received: 22/06/12
Biometrics Taken: 27/06/12

From what I've read here and a few other sites, in some cases where the sponsor has asked for their passport back, the result has been sent out not long after. Maybe it brings the case to the top of the pile for a few seconds, long enough for a straightforward case to be completed??? I might need to request my passport back for work soon if we don't get our result before then(I'm the sponsor). How long do they take to return them?

Do people who have called the UKBA actually speak to the caseworker handling their case, or just to 'somebody'?

neveragain
Newly Registered

Telephone Officers

Post by neveragain » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:45 am

Kid 13........ I got the impression the lady I spoke to was looking up my details on a computer database. I certainly didn't get to speak with a case officer as my application doesn't have one yet! My MP's office also called UKBA for me but also didn't get anywhere. One thing I would say is that I have now been told on every occasion we contacted them that any "compelling / compassionate" reason for prioritising an application will sponsor some action. So that's one for everyone's individual conscience. We won't be doing that because we believe in honesty. Good luck to all anyhow.

kid13

Re: Telephone Officers

Post by kid13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:14 am

neveragain wrote: One thing I would say is that I have now been told on every occasion we contacted them that any "compelling / compassionate" reason for prioritising an application will sponsor some action. .
Really? So many stories of people not being able to travel to see sick relatives, etc., because they're still waiting for the visa. I guess whether they actually DO anything out of compassion is another matter!

BTW all, looking over the internet, I recall seeing only one timeline which was completed very quickly, within 3 months.

kuzey50
Newly Registered

"decision making team" ?

Post by kuzey50 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 am

Hello everyone,

We have made my wife's application on 05/03/2012 and got the biometrics done on 28/03/2012.

My grandfather is seriously ill and i wanted to go to Turkey to see him. I didnt want to call UKBA myself to get my passport sent back, incase the caseworker might get upset and it might effect the application negatively. So i emailed my mp with all the details and received a reply within 1 day.

My MP spoke to UKBA and they told him our case was with "the decision making team" but did not tell him how long it will take them to reach a decision.

Now, my question is, is the decision making team same as caseworkers or are they a different department? Has anyone heard anything like this? Searched on the internet but no luck! Thank you all for your replies in advance.

Regards

Orhan

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:18 am

still waiting...
applied by post 3rd march, biometrics taken 31st march...
holiday booked for 27th July, so not looking hopeful

Finally called UKBA today - lady was very nice but she said she doesnt have access to any information for applicants less than 6 months from submission - just thought the rest of you guys would want to know so that you avoid half an hour on hold on an 0870 number!!!

kiwi87
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi87 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 am

For all those who did Biometrics round the end of March, do you think we will have our visas by the end of the month?
Does the application go by the date you enrolled biometrics or date of application?

neveragain
Newly Registered

Post by neveragain » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Kuzey50....... As a sponsor you should be entitled to recover your own passport without prejudicing the apllicant's case. My understanding of the allocation process is that the file goes to a casework team after the biometrics have been taken. However the long delay begins there and it will sit untouched until finally it comes to the top of the queue and a caseworker begins the actual process.

Kid 13...... point taken, though they do insist that they will priorotise genuine compassionate cases. Previous posters here and elsewhere have reported being required to prove their grounds for compassionate priority.

Good luck to all.

namcdona
Newly Registered

Post by namcdona » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

I did biometrics on 26 March (applied on Feb 1st)

My MP's office called last week to see if I might get my documents back by the middle of next week and though he wasn't able to get much information from the border agency he did say that it didn't seem likely. I was due to go a holiday that was planned last summer on the 19th but they don't have much sympathy as I was told that I shouldn't have booked anything at all until a decision was made - I guess we are supposed to put our lives on hold while they take their time making a decision.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Kuzey50, I agree with neveragain, if you're the sponsor and have real compassionate grounds for needing your passport back then tell them so. As long as they confirm it won't affect the application (which I believe it doesn't, but best to hear from them again too!).

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:31 pm

I thought it might be interesting to see - someone who posted their timeline on a diff site applied a week before we did, and already got their BRP:

Applied for FLR(M) 15-5-2012
Biometrics completed 6-6-2012
FLR(M) BRP issued 18-6-2012
BRP card received 27-06-2012

About 6 weeks from start to finish for this lucky person!!

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Out of curiosity, which website was this? Cheers.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 pm

mrsclc78 wrote:Out of curiosity, which website was this? Cheers.
UK Yankee

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Post by kuzey50 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Hello again,

Thank you all for your replies once again.

I did not want to risk it by asking for my passport back, just going to wait for another week or two, if i don't hear from them then i will ask.them.

Any idea regarding "the decision making team"? I remember reading something on another forum that if your application is with this "decision making team" then you should expect to receive your passport within 2-3 days to couple of weeks. Is this true anyone?

Regards

Orhan

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:13 pm

kuzey50 wrote:
Any idea regarding "the decision making team"? I remember reading something on another forum that if your application is with this "decision making team" then you should expect to receive your passport within 2-3 days to couple of weeks. Is this true anyone?
Not sure, I can't find any info on that either.

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Having read about applicants contacting their MPs who are in turn contacting the UKBA (and in some cases, apparently speeding up the process), I just penned a lengthy email to my MP.

His secretary just replied to me. While I wasn't writing to request preferential treatment, but just wishing to bring to my MP's awareness the dire situation many people on these forums find themselves in, her reply is probably the most upsetting thing I've heard. I thought I should share:

Thank you for your emails. I am sorry that you find yourself in this position. I am afraid such visas do take a very, very long time to process due to the enormous number of people who are also waiting for permission to remain. . . I doubt that we would even get a reply and they would have no idea how long the process was going to take. In addition, if a case is taken out as a result of such enquiry, no work is done on it and it will go back in the queue further back in the line.

I am afraid it is not a case of human rights, it is the sheer number of applications that have to be properly checked. If applications were logged and the passports returned and then requested at a later date, it would cause chaos at UKBA and would end up costing the applicant a lot more. I am afraid that it is a well known fact that such visas can take up to two years at times though I sincerely hope that yours, which is relatively straightforward, will not take so long.

It would be quite wrong of me to tell you that xxx can help to speed up the process as it would be unkind to raise your hopes when I know he cannot. MPs cannot intervene on such occasions and if they could it would be quite wrong if some applicants were favoured over others.

. . .I think you must better resign yourself to the fact that you will not be able to travel out of the UK for at least nine months. I can assure you that if the position was reversed and you were a UK citizen applying to the USA for a similar visa, it would be just as difficult. I know that this is not helpful but the UK is not unique in this way.

I think, as I said, that you must recognise that this visa will take a long time and you cannot travel. I will await your instructions.

2 years, huh? Does it say this somewhere on the UKBA website? How is this a "well-known" fact?

On another note, has anyone heard of or considered requesting their paperwork back, thereby forfeiting their application and fee, and just sucking up the cost and applying for a PEO appointment and paying the full £800+ fee to apply in person? If this were an option, I would most definitely take it at this point, knowing it may be "2 years" before we hear back.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:10 pm

her reply is probably the most upsetting thing I've heard
Agreed.

holderp177
Newly Registered

FLR M Timeline

Post by holderp177 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

My Time line is as follow

Date applied/docs sent: 23/05/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 24/05/2012
Date payment taken: 07/06/2012
Date received ack. letter: 13/06/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 22/06/2012
Date biometrics taken: 25/06/2012 Clapham Post Office London
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: WAITING
Biometric Card Received: WAITING

Visa Type : FLR(M) Married Partner.

From the earlier posts it appears that I have a long boring wait ahead of me. What a shame, no summer holiday this year, and we are not getting any decent weather to compensate for it. Everything is just screwed up with Home Office.
Why would you reduce the work force before the Olympics, guess those in charge think without a brain or do they have one? Nay I don't think so. You are basically trapped, had three job interviews and could not attend any, have to wait and hope that there are jobs out there when a decision is made on my case..