ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED URGENT ADVICE. BIT CONFUSED!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenfree
Newly Registered

NEED URGENT ADVICE. BIT CONFUSED!!!

Post by kenfree » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 am

Hi all :
I have a residence card for 5 years (under EEA RULES) valid until 1st December 2013. I would like to sponsor my mother to come to the uk for holidays in April 2013 for a month period.
As I don't have permanent status in the uk, does my mum need to apply for family visitor , general visitor or what sort of visa?
I have read there are new changes to the uk immigration rules related to visitors.
Any help and advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

walidukdz

Post by walidukdz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:37 am

hello I have the same status as your and everytime I invite my mum to come she apply as family visitor.the first and second time 6 months .the second time she got 2 years visa in request. the law has not changed in this case .however if you want to bring your mom to stay her indefinitely the kaw has changed in this case .so you have to show enough evidence that she is your dependent and she has to apply not in the uk.

kenfree
Newly Registered

Post by kenfree » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 pm

I have checked the requirements for family visitor's visa and it says that the family member in the uk (myself) needs to be "settled in the uk" in order to be a sponsor.
Otherwise , the person who will apply for the visa (my mother) needs to do it as a general visitor.

IrenaS
BANNED

Post by IrenaS » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Kenfree, my husband is in a same situation as you, he have planned to invite his parents to come to the UK for two weeks, now we are confused on what to do as neither him or me are settled in the UK yet:(, Any advice would be appreciated