ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeezeezee

Re: settlement

Post by zeezeezee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:55 am

No- what about you i think you are the one that has been waiting most to hear from Chennai we applied 14th April... it has been a long wait for you.

abt2710 wrote:Any new updates

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Just wanted to update that my husband went to speak to the MP today and to my surprise, she is not even aware that the processing takes 3 months, and that they keep our passports until they take a decision.

The nice thing is she agrees that this is ridiculous and has told my husband that she will be persistent (we specifically asked her to not take the delay for granted and to question the reasoning behing the delays!) and try her best to get it done as soon as possible.

Although it gives me some hope, after hearing what zeezee had mentioned, I think that her efforts could go in vain because of the lack of care by UKBA.

Will update once I hear back from her or my husband.

neerajverma

Re: settlement

Post by neerajverma » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:10 pm

abt2710 wrote:Any new updates

hoping next week will come with good news .. really long time waiting now

regards

------------------------------------
applied @ Vfs Jalandhar -8 may 2012
forwarded to BHC-9 may 2012
47 working days........

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:16 pm

sanghasaab wrote:
RS_UK wrote:dear all

is there anyone who has submitted an application via jalandhar vfs? is so how recently?
i applied on 24 april and no news so far.....

just thought id ask to see how close i was to having my application processed....

cheers

rs
hi i applied from vfs jalandhar on 4th Apr and i m going for interview week after. Hope u hear soon

@sanghasaab

have your interview done? please update..
hoping good news from you..

regards,

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Guys,
Can you provide your valid inputs to my below query:

Can I apply the settlement visa only for my new born son in India (it will save good amount of time, I guess) and apply for my wife once she is in UK as the FLR(M) visa and it's valid till October 2013..

Those who already got the settlement visa, can you update on the average maintenance funds shown in your accounts...

@ant06 - Could you revert to my query on two seperate funds shown to the home office??
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

sanghasaab

Post by sanghasaab » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:42 pm

hi i m going next week Tuesday . i ll update any news o get
neerajverma wrote:
sanghasaab wrote:

is there anyone who has submitted an application via jalandhar vfs? is so how recently?

just thought id ask to see how close i was to having my application processed....

cheers

rs
hi i applied from vfs jalandhar on 4th Apr and i m going for interview week after. Hope u hear soon

@sanghasaab

regards,

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Oh okay.. That's fine.. All the very best to you.. :D

Warm Regards,

sanghasaab wrote:hi i m going next week Tuesday . i ll update any news o get
neerajverma wrote:
sanghasaab wrote:

cheers

rs

@sanghasaab

regards,

Abdul Majid
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul Majid » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Hello to all! this is my first post here as I have just joined..my wife in India has been granted her spouse visa!! it took 3 months for Bombay (south) to process it...but now I am really happy! just a question I will be flying out soon to bring her here to the UK..I have heard from some people that she needs a return ticket?? cant she just have a single and I return (go there and come back?)...also from the date of getting the visa is there a limit on how long she can stay in India before she comes here?

Good luck to anyone still hanging in application keep your heads up and think positive!

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:43 pm

@Abdul,

Congratulations to you and your wife!

From what I know, I don't think you need a return ticket. Others can confirm this.

Could you please tell us the exact date you applied in South Mumbai?

All the best and happy life ahead! :)

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm

@abdulmajid,

congratulations!

ur wife doesnt needs a return ticket as she has to settle in uk wid u... n dont worry, no one will stop her from entering :)

wish u both a happy married life :)
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

aff_sha_1

visa refused

Post by aff_sha_1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:51 am

hi applied for settlement visa in april frm hyd, bt i hav been refused on th grounds tht not a genuine relationship..silly reason i guess, we did nt provide any proof for tht..wer did d marraige certificate invi card our many photos 2gther.. do they dnt matter really dishearted n upset..
@ lucy_2011 i hav been following ths forum.. evn u wer rejectec on ths grounds..cn u pls suggest me..as v wnt to sort ths asap vr goin for appeal process nxt week pls it wil b a great help..give me a detailed view wht shld v do n wht nt.. pls all suggestions welcomed..wht documents to b subbmitted wit appeal form step by step k pls ur precious time..it wil matter to me alott..
Thanks all..
Regards aff_sha_1

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:54 am

Abdul Majid wrote:Hello to all! this is my first post here as I have just joined..my wife in India has been granted her spouse visa!! it took 3 months for Bombay (south) to process it...but now I am really happy! just a question I will be flying out soon to bring her here to the UK..I have heard from some people that she needs a return ticket?? cant she just have a single and I return (go there and come back?)...also from the date of getting the visa is there a limit on how long she can stay in India before she comes here?

Good luck to anyone still hanging in application keep your heads up and think positive!
@Abdulmajid,

Many congrats to you. !
Have a happy married life ahead..

Regards,

Abdul Majid
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul Majid » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 am

Thanks maroonedsoul, lucy_2011, neerajverma!!!

Yes this is what I was thinking that she dont need a return but you know been talking around and people seem to say yes you definately need a return and some people say no you need a single so it gets confusing its better to speak to someone who has been there done that and got the T-shirt.

Applied: 12th April 2012
Got worried all the way through as no contact whatsoever no interview no phone calls.
Visa GRANTED: 5th July 2012
Arrived to her door with all documents: 6th July 2012 via Blue Dart.

Documents I sent were:
Marriage certificates original and 2 copies
Over 50 photo's of wedding, loads of posing together pics from various parks in romantic settings. family photo's with parents, grans etc.
Birth certificates copy
National Insurance copy
Passport Photocopies (both of ours)
A letter from my dad saying we're cool to stay rent free. and a letter detailing I'm sponsoring her, where I work, live etc etc. both signed by me dad and solicitor.
Detailed floor plan of dad's house showing room measurements
House deeds and land registry print out from the internet.
Dads accounts statements
My account statements, credit card account, car loan payments, HSBC statements and 6 months of wage slips.
Employment contract (originals + copies)
Employment letters saying im a good worker etc etc
I actually sent a letter saying that I would be very pleased if a visa is granted and if not I will be very upset and will seek out every avenue of the law to change the decision (even though i dont have the cash for that)

So it is hard work getting all these documents sorted but its best to do it in the first place...

Now I just need to book tickets..well get MY visa first to go there and then bring her back!

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:19 am

I am still waiting...
I think these people are considering my application from April 25th as I had to give my biometrics again...
Is this fair ???

abt2710
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa

Post by abt2710 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:46 am

Its 72 working day's over in my case . Waiting for a positive reply with prayers .God is great. My prayers for those who all are facing the same tension & pain due to this .

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 pm

@ aff_sha

I am so sorry to hear about the refusal. Did they give you a specific reason as to why they think your relationship is not genuine especially when you have submitted so many photographs etc. Did you also submit phone or email records?

Also, can you let me know when in April did you apply in Hyderabad? It will help the rest of us who have applied from there.

All the best with the appeal process.

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:41 pm

HI Guys.... Best luck for every1 waiting for visa.... Heard abt new rule from 9th July... :(
01/04/2011 application submitted
06/07/2011 Refused
27/07/2011 Appeal Lodged
19/12/2011 court hering attended and Allowed
14/02/2012 Received call in latter
15/02/2012 Passport Submitted
27/03/2012 Got Passport back with VISA
ALLAH IS GREATEST

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:21 pm

Abdul Majid wrote:Hello to all! this is my first post here as I have just joined..my wife in India has been granted her spouse visa!! it took 3 months for Bombay (south) to process it...but now I am really happy! just a question I will be flying out soon to bring her here to the UK..I have heard from some people that she needs a return ticket?? cant she just have a single and I return (go there and come back?)...also from the date of getting the visa is there a limit on how long she can stay in India before she comes here?

Hi Abdul Majid,
congratulations on your wife's visa.! There is no need for a return ticket as no one will even be bothered about you having a single or return ticket at the airport. Secondly, there is no limit on how longer can your wife stay before she can travel, but the visa issued is for 27 months and not two years because when you apply for her ILR after two years you need to show two years stay in UK on settlement visa hence additional three months on top of two years. You can plan your visit accordingly.
All the very best for the future and pray that others waiting get theirs quick too(iA).
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

wAliMeer

Re: visa refused

Post by wAliMeer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 pm

aff_sha_1 wrote:hi applied for settlement visa in april frm hyd, bt i hav been refused on th grounds tht not a genuine relationship..silly reason i guess, we did nt provide any proof for tht..wer did d marraige certificate invi card our many photos 2gther.. do they dnt matter really dishearted n upset..
@ lucy_2011 i hav been following ths forum.. evn u wer rejectec on ths grounds..cn u pls suggest me..as v wnt to sort ths asap vr goin for appeal process nxt week pls it wil b a great help..give me a detailed view wht shld v do n wht nt.. pls all suggestions welcomed..wht documents to b subbmitted wit appeal form step by step k pls ur precious time..it wil matter to me alott..
Thanks all..
Regards aff_sha_1
Hello aff_sha_1,

So sorry to hear about your refusal, I really hope you get through in the appeal process. which documents did you submit with your applications and when didi you make your application from Hyderabad?

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:25 pm

sk2912 wrote:I am still waiting...
I think these people are considering my application from April 25th as I had to give my biometrics again...
Is this fair ???
Hi,
What date comes up on the link when you track your application?

aff_sha_1

Post by aff_sha_1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 pm

I applied on 5th april status changed on 12 july..gt blue dart delivery nxt day..visa refused..

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm

wAliMeer wrote:
sk2912 wrote:I am still waiting...
Is this fair ???
Hi,
What date comes up on the link when you track your application?
has been forwarded to bhc

m3y

Post by m3y » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 pm

aff_sha_1 wrote:hi applied for settlement visa in april frm hyd, bt i hav been refused on th grounds tht not a genuine relationship..silly reason i guess, we did nt provide any proof for tht..wer did d marraige certificate invi card our many photos 2gther.. do they dnt matter really dishearted n upset..
Thanks all..
Regards aff_sha_1
What was their exact reason for refusal? I.e. they should have wrote why they dont think your relationship is genuine..

Also what evidence of communication did you provide?
- 10/05/2012 Applied in Islamabad
- 10/05/2012 Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC
- 23/05/2012 Visa application is under process at the British High Commission.
-09/10/2012 Visa Granted :)

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm

aff_sha_1 wrote:I applied on 5th april status changed on 12 july..gt blue dart delivery nxt day..visa refused..
What all documents did you provide with the application?

sKAUR

dis heartened soul

Post by sKAUR » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi all my husband applyed for a settlement visa on the 1st of may 2012 and we have just received a refusal on the 13th of july 2012 stating they dont think our relationship is genuine further more in our application form we wrote this is not an arranged marriage and they have said that i quote '' you have stated in your application that this a arranged marriage. I was previously married so am a divorcee with three kids and they cant understand why a single man would be a suitable match. Further more they didnt even look at my 6 month payslip where i can support my husband and only looked at my last statement where my wages were low due to sickness and holiday. i have filed for appeal but still am surprised that the eco didnt bother reading or going through my application.
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013