ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKBA`s_prisoner
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Set (O)

Post by UKBA`s_prisoner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Relieved4 wrote:Hi

Just wanted to post my timeline SET O:

ILR posted 10/02/2012
ILR stamped 22/06/2012
Passport received 28/06/2012

Good luck to all who are waiting and may you receive it very soon.
what about biometric?

ed_1980

Re: ILR Set (O)

Post by ed_1980 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:03 pm

UKBA`s_prisoner wrote:
Relieved4 wrote:Hi

Just wanted to post my timeline SET O:

ILR posted 10/02/2012
ILR stamped 22/06/2012
Passport received 28/06/2012

Good luck to all who are waiting and may you receive it very soon.
what about biometric?
He/she doesn't need it - application submitted prior to 29 Feb.

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:09 pm

ed_1980 wrote:
GmanILR2012 wrote:Great information and thanks for posting that for all of us!

I must say however that looking at our data on here, 45 days average processing time does not include the application waiting to be processed and after a decision has been made, waiting for your ILR label. I think the 45day average is for the "actual processing time" so in other words - yet again the UKBA seem to bend the truth to make their processing standards seem okay! It should be measured from the received date to the clients postal received date. *NOT the begining processing date to decision date!!

There are no words to describe how let down I feel from the UK government and I am second thinking as to why I should stay in this country... why not take my skills somewhere else... maybe somewhere sunny :)
There's a caveat in there remember - "Figures relate to postal applications as well as applications submitted at Public Enquiry Offices" - so I can very much believe that the average processing time is 45 days if they have a whole bunch of applications done in 1 day via PEOs. This would massively skew the average down. If we knew how many of those in that week were postal vs PEO, we could approximately un-skew it! Alas. We already know it takes aeons.
ed_1980 you are totally right there, they are pulling the report to include PEO applications and not just postal applications. to be honest though, knowing the UKBA they prob don't even have a way to statistically separate the two. ha ha just another great example of pulling the cloth over our eyes.

But hey lets look at the brighter side..... at least we are here to stay and lets face it, we have worked long and hard for it so what is a few more weeks? After all if we all left the UK would have a slight problem in filling the gaps, skilled workers, right of ancestry, spouses and families are very important to the UK government.

UKBA`s_prisoner
Newly Registered

history

Post by UKBA`s_prisoner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Application date: 21 Feb 2012 set (0) HSMP 2y - Tier1 3y 1+4 dep.
Acknowledgment letter: dated 23th Feb 2012
Fee taken in same week.
Passport received 12th July 2012
ILR granted date : 06 July 2012

Somebody know about the biometric letter? How do enrol biometrics?

ed_1980

Re: history

Post by ed_1980 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:15 pm

UKBA`s_prisoner wrote:Application date: 21 Feb 2012 set (0) HSMP 2y - Tier1 3y 1+4 dep.
Fee taken in same week.

Again, you don't need to, you applied before 29 Feb and received your ILR back. Congratulations.

Edit: Ooh that's actually exciting, 23rd Feb is the same date as on my ack letter.
Last edited by ed_1980 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ashwin1406
Newly Registered

Re: history

Post by ashwin1406 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:17 pm

UKBA`s_prisoner wrote:Application date: 21 Feb 2012 set (0) HSMP 2y - Tier1 3y 1+4 dep.
Fee taken in same week.

Awesome, Congrats mate...Thanks for the update.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Got my biometrics card today !

Post by may_marie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello all,

I am happy that the way is over today, i have received my biometrics card and if you look at previous post that means that ill probably get my passport very shortly. it came by courrier and required a signature. (didnt expect this .. i though it would come in 2nd class post ..)

i will post the exact stats once i get my passport .. but still very happy :)

I do wish you all good luck and my best suggestion is to stay busy and try not to dwell on it too much ..

today is my 16 th week anniversary .. that is 4 months !!

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Re: Got my biometrics card today !

Post by Kukushka » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:55 am

may_marie wrote:Hello all,

I am happy that the way is over today, i have received my biometrics card and if you look at previous post that means that ill probably get my passport very shortly. it came by courrier and required a signature. (didnt expect this .. i though it would come in 2nd class post ..)

I do wish you all good luck and my best suggestion is to stay busy and try not to dwell on it too much ..

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D You give me hope! I applied on 19th March.....

Lost-in-transition
Newly Registered

Query to UKBA's prisoner

Post by Lost-in-transition » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Congratulations!! Your wait is finally over. I applied on 20th Feb but have not heard anything yet. Could you please post from which office you received your documents? Liverpool, Sheffield or Croydon. I am seeing that most of the recent returns are from Liverpool office. My AKN is from Sheffield so I am worried that nothing seems to be coming from Sheffield.

fedupandwaitingstill
Newly Registered

Got my ILR today -- applied 01.03.12

Post by fedupandwaitingstill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello all - I am a silent reader. I thought I should share my good news to give march applicants some hope at least that theirs maybe on the way.

I applied SET (M) 01.03.12
Biometrics done 05.04.12

Fed up of waiting so requested partners passport and only his came 07.06.12
(he is British)

Waited until now for my documents...
Biometrics residence permit came by Secure mail today 13.07.12 --- Indefinate Leave to Remain

Just waiting for passports which they said should be here shortly

Hope you all get yours soon.

UKwannabee

Re: Got my ILR today -- applied 01.03.12

Post by UKwannabee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Congrats! Gives me hope - I also applied on 1st March, Biometrics on 30th March.

:)
fedupandwaitingstill wrote:Hello all - I am a silent reader. I thought I should share my good news to give march applicants some hope at least that theirs maybe on the way.

I applied SET (M) 01.03.12
Biometrics done 05.04.12

Fed up of waiting so requested partners passport and only his came 07.06.12
(he is British)

Waited until now for my documents...
Biometrics residence permit came by Secure mail today 13.07.12 [/b]

Just waiting for passports which they said should be here shortly

Hope you all get yours soon.

fedupandwaitingstill
Newly Registered

Post by fedupandwaitingstill » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks! I was going out of my mind for a bit... but it shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Yours is probably on it's way now if you applied same time as me.

Good luck. :D

cgoyer
Newly Registered

Post by cgoyer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello All,

Stumbled across this forum when doing a Google search for ILR timeline. Although it's depressing to see so many of you still waiting, I'm glad I'm not alone in watching for the post.

My timeline is as follows:

Application for ILR Set M submitted: 30.3.12
Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA - Sheffield: 4.4.12
Cheaque Cleared from Account: 11.4.12
Request for Biometrics - Liverpool: 24.5.12
Biometrics Taken - Portsmouth: 8.6.12

Now I guess all I can do is sit and wait.

Congratulations to everyone who has their's and Good Luck to those still waiting - C :)

zainoor1

request for return partner passport.

Post by zainoor1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

hi..

actually we applied on 8march, and biometrics were done on 2nd may but we are still waiting for our documents.

i wana ask if some has knowlege that can i request my partner british passtport back from H.O. will this make any negative effects on our applications bcaz my partner wana travel and we need passport but we are scared that it can effect our application.

so any sugguestion or past experience?

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: request for return partner passport.

Post by sufferhead » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

zainoor1 wrote:hi..

actually we applied on 8march, and biometrics were done on 2nd may but we are still waiting for our documents.

i wana ask if some has knowlege that can i request my partner british passtport back from H.O. will this make any negative effects on our applications bcaz my partner wana travel and we need passport but we are scared that it can effect our application.

so any sugguestion or past experience?
You can request your partner passport back by phone call. Make sure your partner is present when you call UKBA.
nothing united in United Nation.

john19
Newly Registered

Post by john19 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi all am so new to this forum and i kinda like it. Below is my time line
set(m) Application date 5/4/12
Acknowledgment letter 16/4/12
biometrics letter 24/5/12..stopped working since may as my employer needed to see a valid visa and the letter from HO didnt help :(

may_marie
Newly Registered

Post by may_marie » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:09 pm

may_marie wrote:Hello all,

ok so here are the right stats..

applied 22nd of march
money taken: 27th of march
acknowledment letter: 29th of march
biometrics letter received april 25th
biometrics done: april 27th
biometrics card received:12th of July (recorded delivery, signed for)
passport received: 13th of march (recorded delivery, signed for)

onwards with the citizenship now... i've got 10 years to think about it though .. lets say that it will take a little time to recover from this.. so i dont think ill be applying right now ..lol

this forum was great... thank you all for the support. I will forever have a though for those waiting for their passports ... xx

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Post by Kukushka » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:49 pm

john19 wrote:Hi all am so new to this forum and i kinda like it. Below is my time line
biometrics letter 24/5/12..stopped working since may as my employer needed to see a valid visa and the letter from HO didnt help :(
Have you tried Employer checking service?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/
He / she can contact them and they will confirm that you have work permit.

msimran1
Newly Registered

Post by msimran1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Finally the long wait is over. ILR received yesterday and here are the time lines:

Application: Set (O) HSMP JR, (myself & 3 dependents)
Sent on :18th Jan (Package lost by Royal Mail)
Finally delivered to HO: 3rd Feb
Acknowledgment Letter: 4th Feb
ILR stamped: 3rd July
Passports Received: 13th July (Liverpool)

Thanks for all the support on this forum and goodluck to everyone!
Last edited by msimran1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khdmca
Newly Registered

Post by khdmca » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:47 pm

BM letters were received from Liverpool but acknowledgement letter was received from SF
dsbos wrote:Grand... where did your BM letter came from? and where your acknowledgement letter came from?

I've applied 13/04 and money was taken on 24/04, but no sign of BM letter yet... should be around the corner...

khdmca wrote:Here is good news that today I have received biometrics letters from UKBA depicting date 26-06-2012 on these letters.

khdmca wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied with (Set O) on the 27/04/2012 under HSMP JR, acknowledgement letter received 14/05/2012 dated 11/05/2012, until now haven't receive biometrics letter. Can any body may convey that how long UKBA take to send biometrics letter?

Regards
Last edited by khdmca on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khdmca
Newly Registered

Post by khdmca » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 pm

letters were received from Liverpool
khdmca wrote:
dsbos wrote:Grand... where did your BM letter came from? and where your acknowledgement letter came from?

I've applied 13/04 and money was taken on 24/04, but no sign of BM letter yet... should be around the corner...

khdmca wrote:Here is good news that today I have received biometrics letters from UKBA depicting date 26-06-2012 on these letters.

khdmca wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied with (Set O) on the 27/04/2012 under HSMP JR, acknowledgement letter received 14/05/2012 dated 11/05/2012, until now haven't receive biometrics letter. Can any body may convey that how long UKBA take to send biometrics letter?

Regards

john19
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to remain

Post by john19 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:20 am

Kukushka wrote:
john19 wrote:Hi all am so new to this forum and i kinda like it. Below is my time line
Have you tried Employer checking service?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... pport/ecs/
He / she can contact them and they will confirm that you have work permit.

my employer refuse to do any check but told me they did and HO told them that i should wait for decision which i know they were only making an excuse.

Kukushka
Newly Registered

Re: indefinite leave to remain

Post by Kukushka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:28 am

He is a liar! You know you could be out of work for a long time while waiting for ILR!

my employer refuse to do any check but told me they did and HO told them that i should wait for decision which i know they were only making an excuse.[/quote]

dsbos

Re: indefinite leave to remain

Post by dsbos » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:08 am

my employer refuse to do any check but told me they did and HO told them that i should wait for decision which i know they were only making an excuse.
You must seek legal advise here.

UKBA clearly state that until your application is decided you are allowed to work and even you can apply for a new job if the employer is willing to go the ECS route.

This is a very very unfair move if all employers started doing this and also if UKBA started to take 1 year to process our ILR.

May be it's time to form something like HSMP Forum to act against these BS.

may_marie
Newly Registered

Post by may_marie » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:33 am

may_marie wrote:
ok so here are the right stats..

applied 22nd of march
money taken: 27th of march
acknowledment letter: 29th of march
biometrics letter received april 25th
biometrics done: april 27th
biometrics card received:12th of July (recorded delivery, signed for)
passport received: 13th of march (recorded delivery, signed for)

onwards with the citizenship now... i've got 10 years to think about it though .. lets say that it will take a little time to recover from this.. so i dont think ill be applying right now ..lol

this forum was great... thank you all for the support. I will forever have a though for those waiting for their passports ... xx
Forgot to mention that the sate of issue for my biometrics card is on the 10th of july and that the letter of acknowledgement was from the liverpool.