ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrog name in Life in UK test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nsrisri

Wrog name in Life in UK test

Post by nsrisri » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi
Could you anyone please help me
While booking Life in UK test, by mistake i put my first name and last other way.
Please advise whether i can change it to right in test center if not will Home office will allow this certificate or not

Please advise

Cheers

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi,

shouldnt be a problem. Plenty of people have done this. I started to believe there is some error or bug on the website. ( plenty of people do have this issue )

Once you are at the centre, let them know you made this mistake and they will put to note on your account to Home Office.

Hope this helps

londonmindy
Newly Registered

Post by londonmindy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 am

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I did the exact same thing, and normally I'm so careful about such things. I think it's probably a bug too. My PEO appointment is Wednesday. Fingers crossed it won't be a problem.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:51 am

Good Luck!!! Please update us on the outcome

dont forget to take a cover letter explaining the issue and make sure you dont give them until the CW asks for it

In the UKBA border agency website under LIUK help, you can see they have mentioned get a covering letter in case of such issues. you may take a print out of that page just in case

Good Luck

rkk

Post by rkk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:36 am

hi, just sign in the "life in the UK" website and u can update ur details..before going to ur test...all the best

blackwheels
Newly Registered

Post by blackwheels » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm

londonmindy wrote:I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I did the exact same thing, and normally I'm so careful about such things. I think it's probably a bug too. My PEO appointment is Wednesday. Fingers crossed it won't be a problem.
Hi - Did you get your ILR based on on the mix-up between first name and surname?

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:20 pm

name and surname swap is quite common - this is because the LIUK online registration form asks for family name first and then given names.

this should not be an issue at ILR because the the certificate also contains date of birth, place of birth and passport/driving licence number.

also check the FAQfrom LIUK site

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 am

This happens to me as well although I re-did the test this time ensuring that I have my name in the correct way around.

The guy in the test centre assured me that this is fine, but I thought GBP50 is nothing compared to the piece of mind that I'll get knowing that I have the right certificate.