ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport for Baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaztait
Newly Registered

Passport for Baby

Post by shaztait » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Dear Advicer

I'd like to apply for a British passport for my baby son who was born in the UK in October 2010.

My husband is a Polish citizen (EEA) who has been living in UK since the beginning of 2005. However he only started working in 2006 which would be 6 months after the qualifying period.

He was looking for work in this time and did not apply for any benefits, i have read that he should be allowed to apply as jobseeker for the period he was looking for work.

my question is what documents he would need to submit to prove he was living here and looking for a job and whether anyone has been successful on these grounds?

thank you for reading

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:26 am

For Polish nationals, time as job seekers before 2011 doesn't count. They also were required to obtain permission (WRS) to work for the first 12 months.

However, time as self sufficient (living off savings) does count so you can try and make an application based on that for the first period. You can make an application and see if IPS will agree that PR has been obtained before the child was born. Alternatively, you can apply for PR confirmation using form EEA3 using the same evidence and see of the HO agrees that PR was obtained and then use that when contacting IPS.

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I have found this extract@
“self-sufficient person” means a person who has—
(i) sufficient resources not to become a burden on the social assistance system of the
United Kingdom during his period of residence; and
(ii) comprehensive sickness insurance cover in the United Kingdom;

I think he can prove by his bank statements that he never claimed benefits but i do not believe that he had insurance cover for this time?

Do you think it would be safer and quicker to register our baby as a British citizen (MN1?)

I now have ILR so i should be able to apply on those grounds?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Had he had a Polish health card (EHIC) for the period? This is acceptable as health insurance.

It is not quicker or safer but if the parent has not obtained PR before the child birth but has obtained one after, then an application to register the UK born child as British can be made.

shaztait
Newly Registered

Post by shaztait » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Would it matter if he didnt register with the worker scheme? He did try in 2011 to register but was informed that it had just closed.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Very much.

Better to apply for registration using form MN1.