ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA-2 Refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

otunba
Newly Registered

EEA-2 Refused

Post by otunba » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Every one,
My EEA2 application is just refused 12/7/2012. HO said they wouldn't recognise my proxy marriage. They asked me to leave but wouldn't specify a date. They also retained my passport and marriage certificate.
What do I do?

apply:3/02/12
COA: 14/3/2012

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: EEA-2 Refused

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:48 am

otunba wrote: What do I do?
It's not possible to comment on the marriage as we don't know the circumstances. You can appeal, re-apply, or accept the verdict and leave. Perhaps if you elaborate there can be further comment.

holluomo
Newly Registered

@otunba (EEA-2 Refused)

Post by holluomo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:24 pm

You didn't actually explain the nature of your marriage thus its difficult to advice U on what next U should do. There are different types of PROXY MARRIAGES but not ALL is accepted under the UK IMMIGRATION RULE. There are RULE governing PROXY MARRIAGES and you need to fall within the scopes of the acceptability before it will be recognized. Mind U, I have read in this forum that all PROXY are NOT accepted but its not TRUE. For you to be accepted on your proxy marriage, It must be generally accepted both in UK and your country of Origin. If U are given an APPEAL PROCESS, all U need is a GOOD IMMIGRATION SOLICITOR to pull your case through. So I'll suggest U elaborate more on your issue. Mind U, a MARRIAGE of CONVENIENCE is different!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Please refrain from writing in bold.

OP, in which country was this marriage conducted, and is it generally accepted in that country?

Have you got a right of appeal in this case?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

misscam
Newly Registered

Post by misscam » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:27 pm

otunba wrote:Hi Every one,
My EEA2 application is just refused 12/7/2012. HO said they wouldn't recognise my proxy marriage. They asked me to leave but wouldn't specify a date. They also retained my passport and marriage certificate.
What do I do?

hi there, did they give you right to work in you COA?

misscam
Newly Registered

Post by misscam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:18 am

misscam wrote:
otunba wrote:Hi Every one,
What do I do?

hi there, did they give you right to work in you COA?
hi Obie
i applied for RC USING EEA2 USING A PROXY MARRAIGE WHICH IS VALID IN MY COUNTRY CAMEROON. I HAVE RECIEVED COA with right to work. i applied for NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER AND IT WAS ALLOCATED TO ME. I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE RC AS ITS NOT 6 MONTHS YET.
MY QUESTION IS WHAT CHANCES HAVE I GOT WITH MY APPLICATION NOW. I WAS AN OVERSTAYER BEFORE OUR MARRAIGE WHICH IS NOT A FAKE AND LIVING TOGETHER WITH MY HUSBAND NOW. HE IS PRESENTLY WORKING. HAVE I GOT ANY CHANCE OF BEING ISSUED WITH RC?