ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Qry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilr_hsmp2007

Citizenship Qry

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi,

I have just got ILR (2 days back). Last 5 yrs I have travelled 20 days outside UK.

-
I have got a Six months contract work in France.

If I leave UK, but visiting UK every 90 days.

Does this affect my Citizenship application in one year time?

Please do advice.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes it will. The rule is no more than 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 months prior to applying for BC.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Casa wrote:Yes it will. The rule is no more than 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 months prior to applying for BC.
thanks , that's helpful

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 am

Casa wrote:Yes it will. The rule is no more than 90 days outside of the UK in the 12 months prior to applying for BC.
Hi Casa,

I am confused on the following stmt

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... trictions/

(1) the time restriction was in place for more than 90 days at the beginning of the 12-month period, (2) all other requirements including the residence requirement are met, (3) you can show that you have established links to the UK through your home, family and larger part of your estate, and (4) there are compelling business or compassionate reasons to approve your application; or

(1) the time restriction was in place for more than 10 days at the beginning of the 12-month period, (2) you do not meet all the other requirements for naturalisation, (3) you can show that have established links to the UK through your home, family and larger part of your estate, and (4) there are compelling business or compassionate reasons to approve your application; or

--
Can you please do clarify what exactly this mean

ilr_hsmp2007

Re: Citizenship Qry

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:20 pm

ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:Hi,

I have just got ILR (2 days back). Last 5 yrs I have travelled 20 days outside UK.

-

Please do advice.

Thanks
On top of above -

In case if I risk to travel outside UK on job for 6 months,
But my wife and kids are staying in UK(both have ILR now).

Does this have any impact on my family Citizenship later 1 yr time?
Are they eligible for Citizenship? or do they lose as I have traveled outside UK more than 90 days in last 12 months.

thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:53 am

ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:

-

Please do advice.

Thanks
On top of above -

Are they eligible for Citizenship? or do they lose as I have traveled outside UK more than 90 days in last 12 months.

thanks
Once your dependants get ILR, they become independent of your VISA/Nationality status.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Casa,

(1) the time restriction was in place for more than 90 days at the beginning of the 12-month period, (2) all other requirements including the residence requirement are met, (3) you can show that you have established links to the UK through your home, family and larger part of your estate, and (4) there are compelling business or compassionate reasons to approve your application; or

(1) the time restriction was in place for more than 10 days at the beginning of the 12-month period, (2) you do not meet all the other requirements for naturalisation, (3) you can show that have established links to the UK through your home, family and larger part of your estate, and (4) there are compelling business or compassionate reasons to approve your application; or

--
These are reasons for discretion of the requirement to hold ILR for 12 months before applying. The HO might apply discretion if this requirement is not met by:
1. 90 days
2. 10 days

and there are conditions for that.

The less than 90 days outside the UK in the last year is a different requirement. Discretion is also possible in that case, see Q3 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Jambo wrote:

Hi Casa,

--
These are reasons for discretion of the requirement to hold ILR for 12 months before applying. The HO might apply discretion if this requirement is not met by:
1. 90 days
2. 10 days

and there are conditions for that.

The less than 90 days outside the UK in the last year is a different requirement. Discretion is also possible in that case, see Q3 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
thanks Jambo ,

ilr_hsmp2007

Post by ilr_hsmp2007 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:16 pm

push wrote:
ilr_hsmp2007 wrote:

-

Please do advice.

Thanks
On top of above -

thanks
Once your dependants get ILR, they become independent of your VISA/Nationality status.

thanks Push