ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I reapply for a visit visa straight after another?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Can I reapply for a visit visa straight after another?

Post by BondFamily » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am

I got a visa that run's till mid September (it was a 6 month visa) and I am now back in my homeland of Ukraine. I plan to go to the UK again soon, preferably next month. Is it even possible to apply for another visa while I still have my last one with two month still to run on it? (I need a visa that will let me stay till the end of the year at least, I stayed in the UK for a total of 2 months this year if that makes any difference)

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:02 am

Yes, you can apply but if have already spent six months in the UK it may be refused. Why do you need to visit the UK so soon after leaving?

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:12 am

I spent a total of 2 months in the UK. So basically I can apply now and they will give me a new visa that will run for 4 months?

I had to go back home to finish a few commitments that took longer than I had hoped

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 pm

If you get new visa it will likely be for 6 months, in the same way that a person who is not a visa national would, on arrival, be granted another EC that is valid for six months. However, they may indeed issue you with a short-dated visa, or they may not give you any visa. Getting another visa is the difficult part. It will be an arbitrary decision based on your reasons for visiting (again) and your circumstances that show you are not an immigration risk. Regular business visitors don't have problems by showing ties to homeland and a necessity to enter the UK.