ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive health insurance for EEA2 (self-sufficient)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chiang
Newly Registered

Comprehensive health insurance for EEA2 (self-sufficient)

Post by Chiang » Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi Guys

My wife (EEA citizen) submitted her EHIC card as the proof of 'comprehensive health insurance' with my EEA2 application. My wife declared herself as self-sufficient. In case of HO rejecting my application and asking me to buy a private health insurance from insurance company, WHAT type of private 'comprehensive health insurance' you guys have bought for RC application, and which company can offer it?

ps. I phoned HO twice before I submitting my application, HO European help desk told me I do not need to buy any private insurance due to I am already in UK and contributed NI. And HO also confirmed with me that my wife's EHIC is enough to cover herself's Comprehensive health insurance. HOWEVER, after spending weeks on reading other applicant's experience online, I notice that almost all the people who apply as selfsufficient have to buy private insurance which can cover the whole family. I am very confused at this moment and worried my application is going to be rejected.....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue May 08, 2012 10:13 pm

If your wife is self sufficient, you will need CSI to cover all family members (see 4(1)(c)(ii) & 4(2)(b).

WPA was a popular insurer in the past for CSI. You can also try Bupa or Aviva. Just make sure the policy looks comprehensive and doesn't offer cash backs if using NHS.

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Tue May 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Jambo wrote:If your wife is self sufficient, you will need CSI to cover all family members (see 4(1)(c)(ii) & 4(2)(b).

WPA was a popular insurer in the past for CSI. You can also try Bupa or Aviva. Just make sure the policy looks comprehensive and doesn't offer cash backs if using NHS.
Thanks for your reply Jambo

I am still very confused :

1) I am contributing NI every month, surely I am not a burden ... My wife's EHIC can cover herself. If I buy a private insurance, is it a waste of money just because I already paid the NI money?

2) insurance company like WPA,bupa etc offer many types of health insurance, which one is considered as 'comprehensive' by HO? and how much I should pay for the insurance? The private insurance can be ANY price...... How can I know if a insurance 'looks comprehensive' or not?

3) what is the meaning of 'doesn't offer cash backs if using NHS'?

4) UKBA confirmed to me twice on telephone that I do not need to buy any private insurance (I tried 2 advisers and got the same answer).... Has anybody come across t he same thing? If they need me to buy an insurance why did them lie to me? so strange .........

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 am

1. Under the EEA regulations, it's the EEA national activities that count. So if your EEA partner was working, CSI was not required. What the non-EEA national is doing is irrelevant.

2. Don't really know. I remember in past, members stated they paid £50-70 per month for the insurance. I suggest you use the search facility in the forum and search for the providers names to find posts by other members.

3. There are plans which are NHS Top up (such as Health Care Cash Plan by WPA). These ones are not acceptable (as they just topup NHS and don't replace NHS).

4. It is not the first time the HO Call Centre gave wrong information.

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Wed May 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Jambo wrote:1. Under the EEA regulations, it's the EEA national activities that count. So if your EEA partner was working, CSI was not required. What the non-EEA national is doing is irrelevant.

2. Don't really know. I remember in past, members stated they paid £50-70 per month for the insurance. I suggest you use the search facility in the forum and search for the providers names to find posts by other members.

3. There are plans which are NHS Top up (such as Health Care Cash Plan by WPA). These ones are not acceptable (as they just topup NHS and don't replace NHS).

4. It is not the first time the HO Call Centre gave wrong information.
Hi Jambo, I just noticed a WPA XS plan, very low cost (around 150 pounds per year), covering almost everything except Psychiatric Treatment.

http://www.wpa.org.uk/literature/11335% ... h%20PS.pdf

Do you think this is the RIGHT insurance I can purchase for my EEA2 application?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed May 09, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't have any personal experience but it seems to fine in the case of Dasjoker's although Crivero1's application failed.

There also seem to be a requirement to be a resident in the UK for 6 months before taking the insurance.

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Wed May 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Jambo wrote:I don't have any personal experience but it seems to fine in the case of Dasjoker's although Crivero1's application failed.

There also seem to be a requirement to be a resident in the UK for 6 months before taking the insurance.
Thanks dude

Such a shame, I have lived in UK for 7 years, still can not get rid of the bloody RC/VISA etc

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 am

Jambo wrote:I don't have any personal experience but it seems to fine in the case of Dasjoker's although Crivero1's application failed.

Hi Jambo

I contacted WPA (the insurance company), they suggested me to buy their XS health plan (they said many EEA2 applicant also bought this for the same application before). However, the XS plan has a 1500 pounds excess :

"A unique ‘rolling excess’
XS Health has a unique £1,500 per person excess, which works on a rolling basis
per year and not per claim. This means that once your treatment costs exceed your
excess limit within a 12 month period, WPA will cover the cost of all eligible treatment
for a further 12 months. So in effect, you get a full year’s ‘excess holiday’"

I am not sure if this is ok for RC application

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

As I said, in the past in some cases this policy was accepted and in at least one it was rejected.

I don't think that having an excess clause means that it is not comprehensive. Just means that you will need to pay extra if you claim.

Chiang
Newly Registered

Post by Chiang » Mon May 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Jambo wrote:As I said, in the past in some cases this policy was accepted and in at least one it was rejected.

I don't think that having an excess clause means that it is not comprehensive. Just means that you will need to pay extra if you claim.
So can we say this 'rolling excess' is totally different with the NHS topup (WPA care cash plan which is not accepted by HO) ?

Thanks for ur help !

mtsgill
Mood:
United Kingdom

CSI

Post by mtsgill » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 am

Hi

I have been reading your posts so thought I shall also share my experience with you guys.

My wife (EEA National) is exercising her treaty rights as a self sufficient person in the UK to support my EEA2 application.

I am working full time in the UK as a manager and annual salary is £21,420. I was required to purchase Insurance.

So I purchased AXA International COmprehensive Insurance Cover (Valid worldwide except US) for me and my wife. We pay £230 per month as premium.

I am still waiting on my application. We only received COA.

Keep us updated guys!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: CSI

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:13 am

mtsgill wrote:Hi

I have been reading your posts so thought I shall also share my experience with you guys.

My wife (EEA National) is exercising her treaty rights as a self sufficient person in the UK to support my EEA2 application.

I am working full time in the UK as a manager and annual salary is £21,420. I was required to purchase Insurance.

So I purchased AXA International COmprehensive Insurance Cover (Valid worldwide except US) for me and my wife. We pay £230 per month as premium.

I am still waiting on my application. We only received COA.

Keep us updated guys!

I believe people have been able to find cheaper CSI but I guess this depends on your circumstances and level of cover you are after.

tanveer malik
Newly Registered

Post by tanveer malik » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:51 pm

hi chaing
my condation same like you
i send april 18/04/2012
still waiting
let see
if i got any news i will tell you
and me send my documents same like you 2nd time 1st time thay send me same probliem like you
any way best of luck