ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) and FLR (M) at Glasgow PEO - ILR Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vnkotak

SET (O) and FLR (M) at Glasgow PEO - ILR Success

Post by vnkotak » Wed May 02, 2012 1:37 pm

First of all thanks to this forum who helped me to get through one of the toughest job of getting ILR :)

Yes, I got my ILR last week at Glasgow PEO. I thought, I should share my experience with this forum, just in case if it helps others like me.

In my case, I have completed 5 years (infact 6 years) : Work Permit - 3 years and Tier 1 for last 3 years, however my wife has not yet completed 2 years, so have applied for 2 different appointments.

One for me at morning for SET(O) and another for my wife at afternoon for FLR(M).

When I reached at Glagow PEO... I was welcomed with smiling faces of Security Guards, who were really friendly. My wife's appointment wasn't in morning, but as we both landed there together, I hoped that Security should allow her to come inside PEO rather than waiting outside until afternoon, but security person just with smile said YES, you both can go in... :)

Then I was given token number and while I just sat there for my number to be called, within 10 mins. they called for my number... so almost no waiting period.

I gave documents to the person on the other side of window, even who greeted me with a smile.

Documents Submitted:
1. Application Form
2. P60 for last year and Employment History for previous 4 years
3. Bank Stmts for last 12 months
4. Salary slips for last 12 months
5. Letter from current employer and previous employer
6. NOC Letter from Landlord and Tenancy Agreement
7. Utility Bill (Just extra for address proof)
8. Tier 1 approval letter (which mentioned the points that I had claimed)
9. Obviously Passport and 2 photos :)

I had couple questions regarding my application and hence I had kept those fields empty.. I was just worried that person should atleast help me to fill those details.. And to my surprise, yes the person on the other side was really helpful, he helped me to clarify all my doubts and finally after verifying all the documents, he said "YES YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE FINE and Now I will deduct the money and Pass it to Caseworker"....

I think at other PEOs they just take money first and then verify everything, instead here they verified documents and then deducted money. Probably one benefit of visiting Glagow :)

Now, all I had to do is to wait for Biometric to be done and I was waiting there and yes in another 5-10 mins. my token number was called for Biometric.

By this time, it was 11:30, yes within 1 hr my application was processed and biometric was taken and they told me to wait or come after 1 hr to hear the result of my ILR application.

I decided to wait. While we were waiting, they called my wife to take her application through. First I got shocked as her appointment was at 14:30, and it was not even 12:00 and my application was still under processing.

They said to my wife, you can apply now and once your husband's application is success then only we will take your money, however until that time we will verify your (my wife's) document.

And again within 10 mins. her token number was called, so we went to the window and luckily it was the same person who took my application, we just told him that my application was under processing and he said YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED. You will get your ILR Approval Letter in sometime.. So, in all my application not even took 2 hrs to complete everything.

On a Sad note, my wife's application could not get through as we have submitted INDIAN MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE and they said that we don't have any means to verify the certificate there. He said, if I would have registered the marriage in UK, then he would have accepted my wifes applicaiton as well. We can do it in local council. So he suggested us to put her application through POST. First I felt Sad, but then even happy that person was so nice to say everything before deducting the money.

Atleast happy that no money was deducted for her, and now I have sent her FLR(M) through post. Let's see how much time it takes.

Anyways, that was my story of ILR Application at Glasgow PEO. I know it is bit tooo long, but I thought to write everything, which might help others.

At the end, happy I went to Glasgow to process my application and then took 3 days off and had a lovely highland tour where Sun was shining there... :)

And finally another Good Newsss....

I had applied for my application end of last week and I got my BRP card yesterday... So, ideally they would have processed my card on the same day and sent through the post on the same day.

So, yes I do have my BRP card as well with me. :)

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Congrats vnkotak !

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Wed May 02, 2012 1:42 pm

linkers wrote:Congrats vnkotak !
thanks mate...

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 pm

vnkotak: another quick question. One of my friends is in a similar situation as you. His wife will not have completed 2 years in UK at the time of his ILR (Dec 2012) and I have suggested him to use SET(O) for himself and FLR(M) for her wife.

One thing which I found from your post is how important is the marriage certificate. I thought if his wife has already got a Tier-1 Gen Dependant visa, they don’t need to show proof of marriage again at the time of her FLR(M).

Do you reckon he should obtain an English Marriage Certificate by getting their marriage registered in UK ? Before their appointment ?

Also what English test your wife did for FLR(M) visa ?

gm21

Post by gm21 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Congrats vnkotak

I am surprised that they didn't give your wife the visa on the same day. If she was granted Tier 1 Dependent visa surely , ECO would have verified the marriage certificate.

gm21

Post by gm21 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

@Senior members, Please advise if marriage took place overseas pakistan or india, do we have to register the marriage here in UK as well ?

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:23 pm

linkers wrote:vnkotak: another quick question. One of my friends is in a similar situation as you. His wife will not have completed 2 years in UK at the time of his ILR (Dec 2012) and I have suggested him to use SET(O) for himself and FLR(M) for her wife.

One thing which I found from your post is how important is the marriage certificate. I thought if his wife has already got a Tier-1 Gen Dependant visa, they don’t need to show proof of marriage again at the time of her FLR(M).

Do you reckon he should obtain an English Marriage Certificate by getting their marriage registered in UK ? Before their appointment ?

Also what English test your wife did for FLR(M) visa ?

In FLR (M) form, one of the mandatory document is Marriage certificate. However, I was with a hope that the current indian marriage certificate should be fine. Even one of my friend had submitted that and it worked fine for me, but in my case the person asked for UK registered certificate. :(

So, I can only say, that it is good if your friend registers it in UK, but I don't know if its mandatory to provide UK one

Also, my wife gave Graded 2 - English Examination for Speaking and Listening from Trinity College of London.

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:25 pm

gm21 wrote:Congrats vnkotak

I am surprised that they didn't give your wife the visa on the same day. If she was granted Tier 1 Dependent visa surely , ECO would have verified the marriage certificate.
Thanks mate.

Yeah even I am surprised, but may be my luck..

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 pm

Thanks for your quick reply vnkotak

mpemma
Newly Registered

Post by mpemma » Tue May 08, 2012 3:49 pm

[quote="linkers"]Thanks for your quick reply [b]vnkotak[/b][/quote]

Hi vnkotak,
Can you let me know what process did your wife follow to complete English language requirement.. as my wife is in same situation.. she has not completed 2 years in UK. I am eligible for ILR. I am applying for her FLR (M).

your inputs are appreciated.. thanks...

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:57 pm

this is really suprising that the indian marriage certificate didnt work. how is it possible. i am in the same situation and i can only submit indian marriage certificate, can any one reply here who has submitted indian marriage certificate and got the FLR ( M) successful?