ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Japanese citizen marry UK citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chiba
Newly Registered

Japanese citizen marry UK citizen

Post by chiba » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

I was reading the financial requirements for obtaining a spouse visa for my gf ( to be wife).

I have been in employment for the last year earning 21000 per annum which is above the threshhold needed, but my contract finishes in September. I have been working on a 12 month fixed term contract.
My gf and I were planning to get married next April when her YMS visa runs out.
I have read in the financial req section that
"In addition, the couple must have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement applicable to it"
So, if I cannot find a new job starting in September , say I find one in October, would her application get rejected because I wasn't in work for the preceeding 12 months?

Given that I need to find a new job with income over 18,600, does it need to be a permanent position or can it be temporary work?

What does the bit in bold mean?
If I start a job after September and the salary is 21K, then my "wife" applies for a visa in April '13, will I have been earning for long enough time?
5.3.2 Category B: salaried employment for less than the last 6 months
Where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the point of application and has been with the same employer for less than the last 6 months, the applicant can count the gross annual salary at the point of application towards the financial requirement.
The UK economy is bad now and finding work is tough. Might have to go to Japan instead as their immigration is a light touch compared to the UK.
thanks for reading

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:38 am

See this Form

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... vaf4a2.pdf

This is what you must now fill in to support your finance for settlement visa. It has guidence notes attached

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I can see on the form there is box to tick to say if your job is permaent or temporary.

Is it possible that the application could be rejected ont he grouns the my work is not permanent?