ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spbas06
Newly Registered

Documents query

Post by spbas06 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:10 pm

Are the following documents compulsory or will there be any advantage if these documents are provided?

1. Detailed resume
2. Separate sheet giving details on job prospects in UK

Please advice

I am planning to file for the HSMP next month and on an initial assessment, I am scoring 85 points. All required documents mentioned on the website are ready. I went to a consultancy and they said that they will provide detailed annexures on my earnings and job prospects in the UK - do I believe them or are they taking me for a ride?

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:34 pm

None of the documents you listed are mandatory.

First one (your CV), is going to be of no help at all. There is nothing wrong in putting the second doc ( though it will have no impact on the decision).

And regarding taking a consultants help, it is up to you. If you can afford you should. Now whether is taking someone for a ride depends on who that person is, just enquire your neighbourhood and find out if they existed for a while. If they did, then they can be of some help to you.

However, if you are very sure(200%) , you got everything covered, then it may be better to do it on your own.

Hope that helps.

spbas06
Newly Registered

Post by spbas06 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:31 am

Thanks a lot webhunter.Your info was really useful. I enquired with a couple of places in chennai, they all seem to more focused on the cost and no one is giving a clear picture on the documents required.
So I have decided to do it on my own. Thanks again for the info.