ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier1 Dependents before Main applicant Approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kamran_Ullah
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier1 Dependents before Main applicant Approved

Post by Kamran_Ullah » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi Members,
I applied for Tier1 General migration on 4th July at PEO Croydon. Due to IT system problem my case was not action-ed the same day, but documents submitted. On 11th I received a letter asking for some further documents. I have sent documents but now it can take time for my case to be processed/approved.

My Dependents visa is expiring on 27/07/2012.
1. Should I apply for Dependents or wait till approval of my application ? (Can result in stay of dependents beyond valid visa)
2. Applying by post will the fee be of applying at the same time or applying at a later time ?

Please advise.
Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Have you given your BRP? Did you receive a case number?You can apply for your dependent and mention your case number. There have been many cases on this forum of applicants who have applied seperately for dependents. It would be worthwhile doing a search on the forum for similar cases

Kamran_Ullah
Newly Registered

Post by Kamran_Ullah » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 am

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. This is my first extension. I have reference number for my application. It is still in progress. What about applicable fee, should be post dependant applying later, can anyone please confirm ?

Alex1981
Newly Registered

Post by Alex1981 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 am

I have a similar situation. Although all our visas are expiring on the same date, I (main applicant) will send the documents now and my dependents' documents will follow shortly. This is to save some money as it is cheaper to apply separately.

As mentioned earlier, a dependent's application form asks for a case number, which does not have to be processed at the time of an application submission of that dependent . And as you already have the case number, your dependents can now safely submit their applications.

Regards,

A.

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi,

I am also in the same boat.

I got my visa extension approved on 12th July 2012. I am going to apply for my dependents (wife and 2 kids) through post now.

Could any one help me by giving the list of documents I need to submit for the dependents.

Thanks,
SMA

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 pm

@sma_tier1

Last 3 months Bank statements are the only documents required as evidence. I had provided a photocopy of my extension approval letter and BRP card

sma_tier1

Post by sma_tier1 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 am

Thank you layman for your reply.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 pm

[quote="sma_tier1"]Thank you layman for your reply.[/quot

Hi Guys

I have the same situation like you guys.I need to apply for my wife dependant visa.I have got the approval letter but not the BRP yet.Her visa will get expire on 24th December 2012.There is weekend ahead as well.so should i apply just with my passport copy and orginal approval letter.

what was the result in your case..did your dependant got the visa wihtout BRP card copy.

or should i wait till Monday (24th dec 2012) and apply on that day as special next day delivery even though next two days are public holidays.

Please advise me because i have time till Friday.

Thanks

sameday
BANNED

Post by sameday » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
sma_tier1 wrote:Thank you layman for your reply.[/quot

Hi Guys

I have the same situation like you guys.I need to apply for my wife dependant visa.I have got the approval letter but not the BRP yet.Her visa will get expire on 24th December 2012.There is weekend ahead as well.so should i apply just with my passport copy and orginal approval letter.

what was the result in your case..did your dependant got the visa wihtout BRP card copy.

or should i wait till Monday (24th dec 2012) and apply on that day as special next day delivery even though next two days are public holidays.

Please advise me because i have time till Friday.

Thanks

Since you have not received your BRP card you can keep the covering letter along with your dependents application.In the covering letter please mention that as you are not received the BRP card and the dependents visa will be expiring 24th .you are sending the approval letter to get the new visa reference for the case worker.