ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Aplying this week to the EA Family Permit any last thoughts?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

epic
Newly Registered

Aplying this week to the EA Family Permit any last thoughts?

Post by epic » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi there, I'm aplying wia the UKBA website this weekend for the EA Family permit for mi fiancée.
I'm EA Citizen (italian) and my fianceé is from Argentina

This is the cover letter that I will attach and the evidence that I will send once we get the appointment to send the docs after we apply online:

UK Border Agency:
Please find enclosed the application for the EEA Family Permit Visa for my Fiancée XXXX
She is planning to travel to join me on the UK on October 2012 to improve her English. I will be traveling there on September 3rd.
Our relationship started on December 2009 and we have been together ever since then.
According to The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 sections 12 and 13, the following documents are provided along with the application forms as proof of our genuine relationship:
Her passport
1 photo of her
Our co/habitation certificate issued by Argentinian authorities as legal proof for more than 2 years of co-habitation.
Copy of my EEA Italian passport
My divorce certificate (my prior marriage)
Deed under her name as owner of our current living address
20 photos together including some with our family and friends on reunions.
Plane and bus tickets of some travels that we have done together.
Cable/Internet bill at her name under the same living address.
Visa credit card receipt at my name under the same living address.
Telephone bill receipt at my name under the same living address.
Joint account receipt with details of our mutual savings.
Certified copies and translations of the above documents have been included, in addition to the originals.
I understand that under The Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006 section 13, my family members and I have an initial right of residence and afterwards exercise my treaty rights in the UK.
Regards

Any last thoughts?
Do I need to fill the VAF5 Form and also send it when I get the appointment on the Embassy or there is no need since I applied online?
She has been denied a US tourist visa 3 years ago, that may impact on this application?

Thanks in advance, this site has been a LOT of help! :D

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:11 am

The reason your fiancee is going to the UK is to join you - not to learn English. I'd leave that out.

The online submitted form needs to be printed out and signed. I assume your fiancee will have to take it in person and submit it at the same time as biometric details are taken?

The adverse immigration history concerns the UK only.

epic
Newly Registered

Post by epic » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Thanks for you reply Keffers, I changed what you suggested on the cover letter it sounds good.

Yes she has to go to take biometrics and we will present all the evidence stated on the cover letter, so no need to also print and complete by ink the VAF5 form, right?

The rest of the evidence seems more than enough?

Thanks for your help!

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:37 pm

The evidence appears very substantial - the Argentinian government confirmation of co-habitation would seem to be a very good document to present.

On the assumption you are applying from Argentina.

According to the UKBA website the Family Permit is issued in Rio De Janeiro.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

see

What should you bring with you?

The print out will just need signing as it will already be completed. No proof of payment required.

The Embassy in Buenos Aires will check, record and issue a receipt before sending your application form and documents on to Rio / take photos biometrics (just like consulates in Brasilia and Sao Paulo )

The online application system generates a reference number and therefore allows you to make an appointment.

I think you might be responsible for the cost of sending your documents to Rio.

epic
Newly Registered

Post by epic » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks a lot keffers!

I just did the online application this last weekend and have an apointment for this Thursday.
I will bring also the signed printout of the form.

I paid the Return of my documents trough the WorldPay site by UKBA. Normally they are sent back to the embassy right?

I will let you know how it goes.
Now I'm really nervous and can't wait to get a good response! I hope everything goes well :o