ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 visa query - urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rputr
Newly Registered

Tier-2 visa query - urgent

Post by rputr » Thu May 24, 2012 6:56 am

Hello all,

Is there any rule according to which, once a fresh tier-2 (general) visa is issued the individual has to be employed in the new position within 28 days of issue of the visa? If yes, could someone please provide me with the reference? (I have tried to find information online but did not find this clause anywhere).

I am seeking this information urgently.

Thanks,
Ravi

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 am

Do you mean visa or do you mean leave to remain?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 24, 2012 10:12 am

The employee must join the job for which he has been sponsored on the date of joining specified in the CoS.

It is advised that a PBS migrant should travel to UK within 28 days of issue of visa so that the migrant doesn't need to apply for an extra extension to qualify for settlement at the end of 5 year period.

But, under current directions, and if you intend to continue with the same sponsor for 5 years, it is okay to travel within 90 days .. rather than 28 days. Since no one can tell you if this direction will remain in existence 5 years from now, you may wish consider travelling to UK within 28 days.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rputr
Newly Registered

Post by rputr » Thu May 24, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks for the prompt reply! This is very helpful.

rputr
Newly Registered

Post by rputr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:43 am

Hi,

What is the scenario when the employee is not able to travel within the 90 days period due to exceptional circumstances such as delay in employment date/start date, personal reasons (related to family etc.).

Can he/she join the company later within the validity period of the visa or the visa would be rendered void after the 90 day period?

Thanks in advance!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 pm

The 90 days Sushdmehta referred to is relevant only in the context of ILR.

If you have a T2 visa you can enter the UK any time within the validity period of your visa but the delayed work start date must be agreed with your employer.

vikas437
Newly Registered

UK tier 2 Visa ( General) Joining

Post by vikas437 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi,

I have been told by my consultant that I need to join with in 28 days of getting my visa. IS this true or new rule has come up.. Please let me know if there is any such rule. I could not find online any such rule.

Thanks in advance.

Vikas

manci
Respected Guru

Re: UK tier 2 Visa ( General) Joining

Post by manci » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm

vikas437 wrote:I have been told by my consultant that I need to join with in 28 days of getting my visa. IS this true or new rule has come up.. Please let me know if there is any such rule. I could not find online any such rule.
There is no such rule. You must start work on the date stated in your CoS or a later date agreed with your sponsor.

rputr
Newly Registered

visa available but project cancelled

Post by rputr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:07 am

Dear Experts,

Its been more than 90 days since my Tier2 (General) category visa was issued (valid thru 3 yrs). My employer says that the project has been shelved for the time being and I would be informed when the project starts again (I feel I was kept in dark at the time of hiring about possible risks; I had to pay for my visa). Now, I have these three set of questions:

1. Will I be able to travel anytime (as long as my visa is valid) say when my employer informs me that the project is back into action?

2. Should I be informing the UKBA that I am intending to travel at a later date? Can I make a formal complaint against the employer?

3. If I find a new employer, I will have to apply for a new visa with that employer. Will I have problems then because of this history?

Thanks much,

Ravi

rputr
Newly Registered

visa available but project cancelled

Post by rputr » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:07 am

Dear Experts,

Its been more than 90 days since my Tier2 (General) category visa was issued (valid thru 3 yrs). My employer says that the project has been shelved for the time being and I would be informed when the project starts again (I feel I was kept in dark at the time of hiring about possible risks; I had to pay for my visa). Now, I have these three set of questions:

1. Will I be able to travel anytime (as long as my visa is valid) say when my employer informs me that the project is back into action?

2. Should I be informing the UKBA that I am intending to travel at a later date? Can I make a formal complaint against the employer?

3. If I find a new employer, I will have to apply for a new visa with that employer. Will I have problems then because of this history?

Thanks much,

Ravi

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:25 pm

Are you still overseas without having travelled to the UK and started work for the sponsor who assigned the CoS to you? If that is the case do you know if the sponsor informed UKBA that they are no longer sponsoring you? Or have they just postponed your work start date pending the re-start of the project?

rputr
Newly Registered

Post by rputr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi,

I am still overseas without having travelled to the UK and I did not start work for the sponsor who assigned the CoS to me.

They have postponed my work start date pending the re-start of the project.

Thanks!

rputr
Newly Registered

Post by rputr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Please do advise.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:11 pm

rputr wrote: 1. Will I be able to travel anytime (as long as my visa is valid) say when my employer informs me that the project is back into action? yes

2. Should I be informing the UKBA that I am intending to travel at a later date? no need Can I make a formal complaint against the employer? there are no grounds for a complaint if the circumstances surrounding the shelving the project were genuine

3. If I find a new employer, I will have to apply for a new visa with that employer.yes Will I have problems then because of this history? no